We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The Tripadvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Cost of COVID tests in Seoul?

San Diego...
Level Contributor
4,650 posts
750 reviews
1,524 helpful votes
Cost of COVID tests in Seoul?
Save

Does anyone have any recent input or experiences? How much is the COVID test when you land there in Seoul? Also, I understand that you must have another COVID test when you leave Seoul. How much are these and how readily available are they to get?

Thanks in advance.

24 replies to this topic
Philadelphia...
Level Contributor
23 posts
1. Re: Cost of COVID tests in Seoul?
Save

Saintba.

How did you make out with the testing?

What were the costs and what test did you do before you arrived in Korea.

Thanks

San Diego...
Level Contributor
4,650 posts
750 reviews
1,524 helpful votes
2. Re: Cost of COVID tests in Seoul?
Save

I haven't left yet. It's next month. I'm still hoping they do away with the requirements. I had tickets to go to Tokyo but they are still closed and I lost hope of them opening up so I bought tickets to go directly to Seoul from the USA but I probably will cancel the trip if they don't get rid of the testing requirement on landing. It's too stressful traveling with 3 kids and the possibility that even one of us comes up positive. That doesn't sound like much of a vacation getting stuck quarantined.

So we will cancel the trip if they don't get rid of the testing upon landing requirement.

Philadelphia...
Level Contributor
23 posts
3. Re: Cost of COVID tests in Seoul?
Save

Sorry to hear about your situation.

We are hoping too, but highly doubt they will end the testing.

It is stressful enough now.

We are leaving next month as well.

Trying to get ahead of this.

San Diego...
Level Contributor
4,650 posts
750 reviews
1,524 helpful votes
4. Re: Cost of COVID tests in Seoul?
Save

Good luck! I'm trying to find an alternative country to fly into but it's too difficult last minute to get 5 tickets from our city to Asia. Most of the flights go through Japan and the few flights left fly into one airport in Japan and out the other so we can't even transit through. Or the ticket prices are through the roof now.

Seoul, South Korea
Destination Expert
for South Korea, Seoul
Level Contributor
4,992 posts
56 reviews
59 helpful votes
5. Re: Cost of COVID tests in Seoul?
Save

Airport testing site on arrival 80,000W safe2gopass.com

Germany
Level Contributor
686 posts
48 reviews
42 helpful votes
6. Re: Cost of COVID tests in Seoul?
Save

covid testing at ICN is fast & easy & you get the results to your email in a few hours. it costs 80,000 krw.

in the city I saw places for 120,000 - 240,000 krw & you get the results the next day

on the 6th or 7th day of the stay you need to test again but afaik it can be a simple self test from a pharmacy /convenience store

in any case I recommend getting the Qcode before arrival

San Diego...
Level Contributor
4,650 posts
750 reviews
1,524 helpful votes
7. Re: Cost of COVID tests in Seoul?
Save

Thanks everyone. I'm still debating whether it's worth it to come next month (June). It would be a hassle and ruin the vacation if any of the family comes up with a positive test but a friend just told me that happened to his sister last month and it ruined her trip.

San Diego...
Level Contributor
4,650 posts
750 reviews
1,524 helpful votes
8. Re: Cost of COVID tests in Seoul?
Save

I saw today they eased up a bit to get the test within 3 days instead of 24 hours. This is definitely a step in the right direction. Maybe we'll just shorten our trip to Seoul to 3 days.

https://milelion.com/2022/05/13/south-korea-to-accept-pre-departure-arts-simplify-on-arrival-testing/

Philadelphia...
Level Contributor
23 posts
9. Re: Cost of COVID tests in Seoul?
Save

Do you need to schedule a time slot for the covid test on arrival at the airport? Or is it just walk-in style?

I know it has been moved to 3 days now, but I would rather get it over with since we will be there for a month or so.

California
Level Contributor
338 posts
553 reviews
412 helpful votes
10. Re: Cost of COVID tests in Seoul?
Save

https://safe2gopass.com/index

Costs of pcr and antigen tests at the airport clinics. 80,000w for pcr. 74000 won for antigen.

Reply to: Cost of COVID tests in Seoul?
Get notified by e-mail when a reply is posted
© 2022 Tripadvisor LLC All rights reserved.

This is the version of our website addressed to speakers of English in Singapore. If you are a resident of another country or region, please select the appropriate version of Tripadvisor for your country or region in the drop-down menu.