We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The Tripadvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Quarantine Law for South Korea

3 posts
Quarantine Law for South Korea
Save

I tested positive on a pcr test when arriving in Seoul.

The first test was inconclusive, so I had to retest. Then I got a positive result. So my positive test was taken 48 hours after arrival.

I'm in a 7 day quarantine at a hotel in Seoul. What is the law? When can I legally leave, 1,2 or 3:

1. 7 days after the positive test was taken?

2. 7 days after arrival into the country?

3. 7 days after onset of covid symptoms?

Where is the law written? I can't find it.

8 replies to this topic
Seoul, South Korea
Destination Expert
for South Korea, Seoul
Level Contributor
4,944 posts
56 reviews
57 helpful votes
1. Re: Quarantine Law for South Korea
Save

The day you take the test is the first day. Then, you are free after SEVEN NIGHTS. So, if you test positive on Monday, you are the following Monday starting at Midnight 00:00. But, the facility might not let you out at Midnight unless you have a personal pickup (no taxi). They might release you at 7-8 AM Monday morning. This has always been the law.

3 posts
2. Re: Quarantine Law for South Korea
Save

Thanks, its not a a facility. Just in our own hotel. There is no-one here to release us. Also, there was no-one to give us clear direction. We tested positive and the clinic just said to go quarantine in our hotel.

From what I can workout from anything written, doing 7 days from when we arrived is enough.

USA
Level Contributor
266 posts
4 reviews
6 helpful votes
3. Re: Quarantine Law for South Korea
Save

How do you get around? Do you order food at your hotel?

Kansas
Level Contributor
43 posts
2 reviews
34 helpful votes
4. Re: Quarantine Law for South Korea
Save

Question on this topic as well - some of the materials require that the vaccines be "up to date," which is defined as having gotten the last dose no more than 180 days prior to travel.

We're fully boosted, but our third shots were in December, which is outside of that time period. We're not eligible or even allowed to get an additional shot. Are we going to have a problem?

5. Re: Quarantine Law for South Korea

This post has been removed at the author's request.

To read more about editing your posts, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/help/how_to_edit_your_posts

3 posts
6. Re: Quarantine Law for South Korea
Save

Not a lot of process. We just waited in the hotel for 7 days and ordered room service.

Nobody contacted us appart from at the start to say the test result.

I think the system is overwhelmed.

Level Contributor
5 posts
18 reviews
13 helpful votes
7. Re: Quarantine Law for South Korea
Save

@ Reece: thank you for sharing your story.

We are planning to go to SK in about a month, stay in a Hotel in Incheon for the first two nights and go to Busan afterwords. What if one or both of us will test positive on arrival? I know that we have to quarantine, but knowing that the system might still be overwhelmed I am concerned, as of what will happen. I don’t want to „land on the street“ with the hotel hurrying us to move out and nobody there to tell us what to do or where to go.

Has anyone else here a recent experience with a positive on arrival test? I would appreciate to know how it went.

Edited: 22 August 2022, 04:26
Singapore, Singapore
4 posts
8. Re: Quarantine Law for South Korea
Save

Vaccination is not a requirement for entry into Korea. Hence, not required to take another booster shot within 180 days.

Reply to: Quarantine Law for South Korea
Get notified by e-mail when a reply is posted
© 2022 Tripadvisor LLC All rights reserved.

This is the version of our website addressed to speakers of English in Singapore. If you are a resident of another country or region, please select the appropriate version of Tripadvisor for your country or region in the drop-down menu.