We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The Tripadvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Concerning the 3 Post-Arrival Covid Tests

Tokyo, Japan
Level Contributor
439 posts
Concerning the 3 Post-Arrival Covid Tests
Save

Hello everyone,

There are 2 or 3 post-arrival Covid tests upon arrival in Seoul, to my knowledge. There’s the mandatory PCR at Incheon (can be reserved ahead of time at https://safe2gopass.com/) and the following two, from the Embassy of Korea in the US (https://overseas.mofa.go.kr/us-en/brd/m_4500/view.do?seq=761049&page=1):

“PCR Test: Within 3 day after arrival

RAT Test: Within 6-7days after arrival (Recommended)”

There are some important aspects about all these tests I can’t find info on.

1. Is the Embassy’s “PCR Test: Within 3 day after arrival” actually the same as the mandatory PCR done at Incheon?

2. For both the 3- and 6-7-day post-arrival tests, what are some of the best (easily done, perhaps some English fluency) centers to get the tests? And can these tests be self-administered? I know about this (https://www.kdca.go.kr/board/board.es?mid=a20505000000&bid=0017&act=view&list_no=719273&tag=&nPage=1 ) massive 300 location list, but it’s just that: a massive list.

3. If the tests can be self-administered, do they need to be tests bought in Korea?

4. After you get the rest results, are you supposed to submit them to someone? There is no info on what to do afterwards.

5. The 6-7 post-arrival test is “recommended.” Thus this one is entirely optional?

Thank you for any help.

5 replies to this topic
Seoul, South Korea
Destination Expert
for South Korea, Seoul
Level Contributor
4,944 posts
56 reviews
57 helpful votes
1. Re: Concerning the 3 Post-Arrival Covid Tests
Save

it is now ONE DAY after arrival. Not 3. That is old info. This arrival test is the one you do at the airport. You're free to leave after the test, don't have to stay in your hotel or anywhere.

The day 6 antigen test is a self test. If it's negative, you report it to no one, do nothing.

Tokyo, Japan
Level Contributor
439 posts
2. Re: Concerning the 3 Post-Arrival Covid Tests
Save

Oh, okay! Well, I’ve booked the PCR on-arrival at Incheon already. Good to know that’s the only required test. Thank you, Michael.

cumbria
Level Contributor
82 posts
30 reviews
16 helpful votes
3. Re: Concerning the 3 Post-Arrival Covid Tests
Save

on arrival in Incheon airport can i get a pcr test with out booking

5 posts
1 review
4. Re: Concerning the 3 Post-Arrival Covid Tests
Save

I'm sure there's an option for this, but for what it's worth, booking with safe2gopass online was very quick and simple.

2 posts
5. Re: Concerning the 3 Post-Arrival Covid Tests
Save

Good am. When will the result be out . Tested 8pm. Till now no result. I have activities tbis morning. Can i go out

Reply to: Concerning the 3 Post-Arrival Covid Tests
Get notified by e-mail when a reply is posted
© 2022 Tripadvisor LLC All rights reserved.

This is the version of our website addressed to speakers of English in Singapore. If you are a resident of another country or region, please select the appropriate version of Tripadvisor for your country or region in the drop-down menu.