There are 2 or 3 post-arrival Covid tests upon arrival in Seoul, to my knowledge. There’s the mandatory PCR at Incheon (can be reserved ahead of time at https://safe2gopass.com/) and the following two, from the Embassy of Korea in the US (https://overseas.mofa.go.kr/us-en/brd/m_4500/view.do?seq=761049&page=1):
“PCR Test: Within 3 day after arrival
RAT Test: Within 6-7days after arrival (Recommended)”
There are some important aspects about all these tests I can’t find info on.
1. Is the Embassy’s “PCR Test: Within 3 day after arrival” actually the same as the mandatory PCR done at Incheon?
2. For both the 3- and 6-7-day post-arrival tests, what are some of the best (easily done, perhaps some English fluency) centers to get the tests? And can these tests be self-administered? I know about this (https://www.kdca.go.kr/board/board.es?mid=a20505000000&bid=0017&act=view&list_no=719273&tag=&nPage=1 ) massive 300 location list, but it’s just that: a massive list.
3. If the tests can be self-administered, do they need to be tests bought in Korea?
4. After you get the rest results, are you supposed to submit them to someone? There is no info on what to do afterwards.
5. The 6-7 post-arrival test is “recommended.” Thus this one is entirely optional?
Thank you for any help.