We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The Tripadvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Suin-Bundang & the T-money Card

Tokyo, Japan
Level Contributor
446 posts
Suin-Bundang & the T-money Card
Save

Hello everyone,

I used the Suin-Bundang line possibly for the first time yesterday. Unlike all public transit in Seoul that I’ve used—and I’ve used much of it, having lived here about a year over a few stays—this was the first that did not accept the T card. It required purchasing a one-time use card/ticket.

I have a couple questions about this line as I couldn’t google any info about it.

1. The one-time use card indicates it cannot be recharged, but that you can also get a refund on the card’s deposit. How much is the deposit?

2. I’ll be using this line, staying within Seoul, occasionally. What options do I have for using this line? Do I have to buy this single use card every time? Is there no way to use the T card at all?

Thank you.

10 replies to this topic
Incheon, South Korea
Level Contributor
807 posts
1. Re: Suin-Bundang & the T-money Card
Save

T-money accept everywhere. And to be honest, if you are living in a year, use Naver or ask your colleague or someone. Their information is more accurate and helpful than here.

Anyway,

1. Deposit is 500 KRW

2. Try to use T-money once again.

Edited: 24 September 2022, 11:03
Tokyo, Japan
Level Contributor
446 posts
2. Re: Suin-Bundang & the T-money Card
Save

Staff at the station said that T-Money cannot be used. That I must buy a ticket/single-use card at the machines at that station.

(I’m not living here for a year; I’ve lived here cumulatively for a year over a few stays.)

Incheon, South Korea
Level Contributor
807 posts
3. Re: Suin-Bundang & the T-money Card
Save

Are you sure??? Because I've never heard about T-money cannot be used in public transportation in the Seoul area. Also cannot find any information about it. If it's a rail plus or cashbee, maybe possible, but it still cannot make sense to me.

Also, I cannot find any information about it on T-money and dx-line homepage(Operator of shin-bundang line).

If you are correct, I probably heard about it online. But I've never. I cross-checked to call the customer center, and also they told me could use t-money at every station.

Incheon, South Korea
Level Contributor
807 posts
4. Re: Suin-Bundang & the T-money Card
Save

I think you missunderstood... T.T

Tokyo, Japan
Level Contributor
446 posts
5. Re: Suin-Bundang & the T-money Card
Save

I did not. The staff said exactly that in clear English.

Incheon, South Korea
Level Contributor
807 posts
6. Re: Suin-Bundang & the T-money Card
Save

Maybe the staff missed something explain or your t-money had a problem. Try it again next time. The customer center from the shin-bundang line denied t-money cannot use. As a local, I have the same opinion. I've never heard about this situation.

Tokyo, Japan
Level Contributor
446 posts
7. Re: Suin-Bundang & the T-money Card
Save

Oh, did you just check with their customer center? Thank you so much, Kyungho! I did get an error message repeatedly when I placed my T card at the card reader, but I’ll try it again next time.

Incheon, South Korea
Level Contributor
807 posts
8. Re: Suin-Bundang & the T-money Card
Save

My pleasure. I just want to check if I missed something. I'm Korean, so even if I missed it, I could handle it when I faced your situation. But you are not. Anyway, when you have a question during your stay in Korea. Post a question on the forum. Someone will help you.

Tokyo, Japan
Level Contributor
446 posts
9. Re: Suin-Bundang & the T-money Card
Save

Thank you again. It’s very kind of you and much appreciated.

Seoul, South Korea
Destination Expert
for South Korea, Seoul
Level Contributor
4,992 posts
56 reviews
59 helpful votes
10. Re: Suin-Bundang & the T-money Card
Save

Something is absolutely incorrect. I take the yellow Suin Bundang line constantly, it takes T-money. ALL subway lines in Seoul accept T-money, ALL buses, etc. There is no form of transit in Korea that has a separate system and will not accept T-money.

And even if you mean the RED Shinbundang line, that definitely takes T-money. I also use it constantly.

Perhaps your card didn't have enough money. We'll never know. But we do know that 100% T-money is accepted and something was not communicated correctly.

Reply to: Suin-Bundang & the T-money Card
Get notified by e-mail when a reply is posted
© 2022 Tripadvisor LLC All rights reserved.

This is the version of our website addressed to speakers of English in Singapore. If you are a resident of another country or region, please select the appropriate version of Tripadvisor for your country or region in the drop-down menu.