We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The Tripadvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Seoul at night during layover

Adelaide, South...
Level Contributor
6 posts
3 reviews
1 helpful vote
Seoul at night during layover
Save

Hi

Planning to go and stay in Seoul (Myeongdong) for an evening layover. Flight arrives at 7pm, so thinking we should be in Seoul by 9pm. Is there still anything to see and do at that time in Myeongdong? Or should we just stay around Incheon (outside airport)? Flight the following day is at 10:45am, so thinking we should be back at the airport 2 hrs prior to flight.

Many thanks!

5 replies to this topic
JHL
Seoul, South Korea
Destination Expert
for South Korea
Level Contributor
2,237 posts
858 reviews
675 helpful votes
1. Re: Seoul at night during layover
Save

Hongdae will be better.

Florence, Italy
Level Contributor
55 posts
44 reviews
45 helpful votes
2. Re: Seoul at night during layover
Save

I suggest you both, Hongdae and Myeongdong.

Adelaide, South...
Level Contributor
6 posts
3 reviews
1 helpful vote
3. Re: Seoul at night during layover
Save

Thank you for the advise.

I stayed in Myeongdong for 1 week in July, in summer. No idea how different it'd be in winter. I haven't been to Hongdae. I guess I'll have to check it out. No one suggested that I should just stay around the airport. I guess to venture out of the airport at that time should be doable.

Seoul, South Korea
Destination Expert
for South Korea, Seoul
Level Contributor
5,023 posts
57 reviews
59 helpful votes
4. Re: Seoul at night during layover
Save

Go to Hongdae. Absolutely alive at night, tons to do, no need to go to Myeongdong itself. Save time traveling - that's at least 45 mins one way. Hongdae 100%

Adelaide, South...
Level Contributor
6 posts
3 reviews
1 helpful vote
5. Re: Seoul at night during layover
Save

Thanks for the reply, Michael. Is that 45 mins by taxi or train? It looks like we'll be avoiding Seoul traffic by staying at Hongdae.

Reply to: Seoul at night during layover
Get notified by e-mail when a reply is posted
© 2023 Tripadvisor LLC All rights reserved.

This is the version of our website addressed to speakers of English in Singapore. If you are a resident of another country or region, please select the appropriate version of Tripadvisor for your country or region in the drop-down menu.