We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Express bus to Mt Sorak and Seoul subway

Singapore
Level Contributor
8 posts
3 reviews
Save Topic
Express bus to Mt Sorak and Seoul subway

Hi, appreciate someone can help me with the following questions.

I will be going to Seoul this Dec 18-27 and this is my first trip to Seoul.

1) I plan to head straight to Mt sorak once reaching Incheon Airport. Is there any express bus that will go from airport to mt sorak ?

2) Can I know if the express bus as well as the Seoul subway allows big lugguages on board ? Is there any compartment in the express bus to store these travel lugguages ?

Many thanks !

South Korea
Destination Expert
for South Korea
Level Contributor
1,286 posts
1 review
Save Reply
1. Re: Express bus to Mt Sorak and Seoul subway

There is no bus route from ICN to Sokcho-city of Mt Seorak.

One of the best ways for Mt seorak is to go to the East Seoul Bus Terminal(aka Dong-Seoul bus terminal) and take a interciy bus bound for Sokcho.

To go to the East Seoul Bus Terminal from ICN, take a KAL Limusine bus bound for 'Jamsil Area' and get off at East Seoul Bus Terminal.

http://www.kallimousine.com/

then take a intercity bus for Sokcho at East Seoul Terminal, you can buy a ticket for Sokcho at the teminal. There are 2 types of bus, non-stop & through cities. It'll take around 2hr 20min if you take a non-stop bus.

http://www.ti21.co.kr/

Singapore
Level Contributor
8 posts
3 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Express bus to Mt Sorak and Seoul subway

Thank you JJKorea for your information on Transport to Mt Sorak.

As for the intercity bus to Sokcho, do the bus allow big travel lugguages on board, or just hand carried bags ?

Seoul, South Korea
Level Contributor
30 posts
Save Reply
3. Re: Express bus to Mt Sorak and Seoul subway

I found a ski tour package going to Yongpyong directly.

http://www.happymize.com/?p=1538

In my opinion, it is not easy to take public transportation with your children and big luggage. Futhermore...in winter!

Our winter season is very cold and sharp wind.

Most of all, because most local people use their private car when they travel these area, there aren't many public transportation.

Just use pre-packaged tour or request customized tour.

Singapore
Level Contributor
8 posts
3 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Express bus to Mt Sorak and Seoul subway

Thanks JJKorea for your suggesstion. Will stay one night in Seoul before heading to Mt Sorak.

Seoul
1 post
Save Reply
5. Re: Express bus to Mt Sorak and Seoul subway

The inter-city buses do have space for luggage but the drivers are not always happy to take the time to put luggage in. Service is not always what it once was. They will probably have many travelers with extra luggage at that time of year.

The bus terminal to cities in the eastern part of the country is in the eastern part of the city and is named DongSeoul Bus Terminal. Subway line 2 just after Guui station.

Actually the best advice is to sign up for a package tour with a travel agency.

Kuala Lumpur
4 posts
Save Reply
6. Re: Express bus to Mt Sorak and Seoul subway

Do anyone know how long is the distance from Seoul to Mt. Sorak by taxi? Is it 3hrs? or more than that.

Singapore, Singapore
Level Contributor
98 posts
1 review
Save Reply
7. Re: Express bus to Mt Sorak and Seoul subway

Hi,

By bus it will be 3.5 hr to hr. You can take bus from Dong Seoul Bus Terminal or Seoul Express Bus Terminal.

Got to check with the staff at the bus terminal what bus number to take.

Cost will be around 17000won for normal deluxe, I think. They do have another like super VIP bus that cost 26000 won.

Regards

Chris

Kuala Lumpur
4 posts
Save Reply
8. Re: Express bus to Mt Sorak and Seoul subway

Hi Chris,

Thanks for the respond. I have 9 people and they have plan to take a van instead of bus. So I guess it should be ard 3 hrs by van? Anyway, just went to check at the Korean Tourism board website and it stated the mountain area closed from 15/11 - 15/12/10.

Kuala Lumpur...
1 post
Save Reply
9. Re: Express bus to Mt Sorak and Seoul subway

do u have any contact/website for local agent that provide Mt sorak pakage?

manila
Level Contributor
1 post
Save Reply
10. Re: Express bus to Mt Sorak and Seoul subway

hi i want to know the 1st trip to mt. sorak and last trip back to seoul thanks :) and if its possible to go there on a day trip only thanks . 2nd can you recommend other tourist spot that we can go. thanks :)