We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

best place to stay in seoul

Johor Bahru...
1 post
2 reviews
Save Topic
best place to stay in seoul

i'm planning to go for a 4 days and 3 nights in seoul.. maybe in this june.. but i have no idea at all where is the best place to stay at affordable price.. and also near/easy to go/close enough to the attraction places..

can anybody who had the experienced in seoul give me some help.. thank you in advance :p

Seoul
Level Contributor
3 posts
5 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: best place to stay in seoul

I would like to recommend to stay in ibis Seoul Myeong-dong which is the best location in the heart of Seoul, Myeong-dong. website: www.ambatel.com/myeongdong

Sydney
Level Contributor
83 posts
70 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: best place to stay in seoul

I like Metro Hotel in Myeongdong - clean and friendly.

Checked in there 4 times - feel like home - free breakfast & coin laundry - KRW 500 for detergent, KRW2000 for washer and KRW 2000 for dry ...

Edited: 24 January 2011, 18:03
Seoul, South Korea
Level Contributor
16 posts
4 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: best place to stay in seoul

I recommend the Ibis as well. Very nice place and not overly expensive. Be sure to reserve in advance because they usually fill up.

seoul
Level Contributor
63 posts
25 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: best place to stay in seoul

What about Homestay with the Seoul Global Family!

This is a big deal !!

The Seoul Global Family (SGF), an official homestay program provided for by the city, is running a promotion. 10 lucky couples will be able to stay with one of the 350 certified families in Seoul for seven nights, free to cost!

http://www.miceseoul.com/promotions/

Seoul, South Korea
Level Contributor
16 posts
4 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: best place to stay in seoul

I recommend Fraiser Suites or the Chosun. The Benikea chain of hotels are mid range so they are pretty good and clean. Also Bukcheon has guest houses. Bukcheon Guest house is quite nice.

Cheers,

Dan

United Kingdom
Level Contributor
63 posts
37 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: best place to stay in seoul

it really depends on your budget and what you look for.

I stayed in Seoul Backpacker last June. The rate was 40000. won per night. it offered FREE wifi and computer with Internet access. The room was tidy and clean.

The location is excellent. It's quite close to Seoul Station. about 10 min walk from the station. there's another metro station which is 5 min away. It took me less than 30 mins to travel to major tourist spots in the city area, like the royal palaces.

205-125, Namchang-Dong,

Jung-Gu, Seoul, Korea

Tel : +82 - 2 - 3672 - 1972.

Fax : +82 - 2 - 743 - 4878

www.seoulbackpackers.com

My family stayed in Vision City (Best Western), Kaya Hotel and New Boolim Hotel on their visit in Dec 2010. all of them are decent hotels.

Vision City(~HKD420) is new but a bit small. New Boolim(less than HKD400) is spacious but a bit worn down.

If you intend to travel to the Eastern part of Korea by train, New Boolim is very close to Cheongyangi station.

Kaya(~HK$450), however, is just a station away from Yongsan station, where KTX departs for Busan. There is a shopping mall nearby.

Rayleigh, United...
Destination Expert
for Seoul, Rothenburg
Level Contributor
11,710 posts
250 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: best place to stay in seoul

Can I welcome you to the forum?

You will get better information if you tell us a bit more! We need to know a bit about you- are you 17 or 70 yrs old?

A bit about your party- is it just you, or do you come with a wife and twelve children?

and a bit about "affordable"- I'm staying in theGrand Intercontinental right now, which is very affordable for some people (but not me- I am here for my employer) What do you think is affordable?

Tel Aviv, Israel
Level Contributor
1,681 posts
4 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: best place to stay in seoul

I also stayed at Seoul Backpackers. The location is great and the staff are amazing. You can get your own small room for $25 a night. Bathrooms are shared but always clean and the washing machine, internet, learning how to play a new card game and tea and coffee are all free.

have a great trip

angie

www.angietravels.com

Tel Aviv, Israel
Level Contributor
1,681 posts
4 reviews
Save Reply
9. Re: best place to stay in seoul

apologies I made an error I stayed in Inside Backpackers Seoul - it was a great place

Singapore, Singapore
Level Contributor
35 posts
3 reviews
Save Reply
10. Re: best place to stay in seoul

hi, i just wanna give my 2 cts worth of my experience during our recent F&E trip to South Korea. i stayed in New Boolim for about SGD70 a night, triple room.

if you just wanna a place to sleep and just the basic necessity then you may want to consider this hotel. Seoul Plaza is just a across the hotel and there are few small restaurants which serve reasonable korean food just next to the hotel.if you are taking the airport limo it also stops across the hotel too. tthe subway is only 3 mins away from the hotel making travelling around Seoul so much convenient. Thou i was warned that it is near the red light district but i hav not seen or encounter anything rowdy at all, infact i often see police car patrolling that street.

we often came back late at night and i have 2 kids with me. we saved alot on hotel and spent in on food and activities like ice skating, skiing and travelling to other parts of Korea. good luck.