We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Any interesting places near but outside Seoul?

Singapore, Singapore
Level Contributor
18 posts
1 review
Save Topic
Any interesting places near but outside Seoul?

I am going to Seoul for 4 days in early Dec and is comtemplating on whether to extend the trip so as to visit other places near to Seoul. As such, I wish to receive advice or suggestion on whether there are any interesting places worth visiting. If yes, for these recommended places of interest, should I just make a day trip out from Seoul or should I book a hotel near there?

New York
Level Contributor
1,877 posts
Save Reply
1. Re: Any interesting places near but outside Seoul?

There are many interesting places for day trip which don't require overnight staying. DMZ, Korean Folk Village and nearby Suwon Hwaseung Fortress are very popular places. Personally, when I go SK next time, I would like to visit Heiri Art Village, Icheon Ceramic Village and Termeden Spa (hot spring) or ride the new subway line to city of Chuncheon and Nami island. Oh, you can also go for day skiing sat places like Yangji or Jisan

Seoul, South Korea
Level Contributor
1,284 posts
33 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Any interesting places near but outside Seoul?

There's also Everland and Caribbean Bay (though only recommended for warmer times).

Seoul, South Korea
Level Contributor
287 posts
1 review
Save Reply
3. Re: Any interesting places near but outside Seoul?

Well, what are you interested in? History, culture, arts, nature, sports? You've got to give us a more specific starting point than "interesting places", no? And better yet, what are you NOT into and would rather give a miss?

Edited: 01 December 2011, 13:41
Singapore, Singapore
Level Contributor
18 posts
1 review
Save Reply
4. Re: Any interesting places near but outside Seoul?

Thanks for the ideas.

I think I would like to go to Nami island. Could someone kindly advise on how I can get there and back. I will be staying at Metro Hotel.

5. Re: Any interesting places near but outside Seoul?

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 23 June 2013, 00:40