We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

to stay in myeongdong or Euljiro 1-ga?

singapore
Level Contributor
19 posts
3 reviews
Save Topic
to stay in myeongdong or Euljiro 1-ga?

Hi all

i am looking for hotels for 4 nights but not sure if myeongdong or Euljiro is a better area to stay in? i would want to be near where all the shopping and food is. Does Euljiro have roadside food stalls like myeongdong?

thanks in advance :)

Irvine, California
Level Contributor
159 posts
3 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: to stay in myeongdong or Euljiro 1-ga?

Both have equal access to Myeongdong. Pick a hotel you like near either station and you will be close to shopping and food in Myeongdong.

Rayleigh, United...
Destination Expert
for Seoul, Rothenburg
Level Contributor
11,707 posts
250 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: to stay in myeongdong or Euljiro 1-ga?

Euljiro is Eulji Road in English. It is a long road. However 1-ga is about 2 minutes walk from Myeongdong.

So it makes no difference to you, really.

Singapore
Level Contributor
95 posts
13 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: to stay in myeongdong or Euljiro 1-ga?

Hello! sorry for ridding on this thread.

I am looking for a place to stay that is located in the middle of everything - food shopping etc. Is it useful to stay near to myeongdong station (for visiting tourist site)? How is the location for Guest House Myeongdong (Chungmuro 2ga,Jung-gu)?

When i looked up on Goggle "street view" it did not give me any assurance... i saw nothing around this area. Probably it is not updated.

Need some real feedbacks! (i have also looked on every possible reviews on TA and other booking websites) Any other recommended guesthouse to stay in?

Appreciate any advice!

Singapore, Singapore
Level Contributor
18 posts
99 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: to stay in myeongdong or Euljiro 1-ga?

@ mngedo: Since your main focus is on food and shopping, you can consider staying either near Euljiro 1-Ga station or Myeongdong station. It also depends on which other areas you plan to explore.

Euljiro 1-Ga station (Line 2) is connected to Lotte Shopping Centre. In addition, a lot of shopping areas and places of attractions are along Line 2 e.g. Sinchon, Hongdae, Ewha Womens University, Dongdaemun Stadium (Dongdaemun Market is walkable from there), Gangnam etc.

As for Line 1 (i.e. Myeongdong station), the following places are accessible without having to transfer to another line: Ichon station (National Museum of Korea), Dongdaemun Stadium, and Hyehwa (Daehangno, Naksan Park), just to name a few.

Nevertheless, the distance between Euljiro 1-Ga station and Myeongdong station is only approximately 7-10 minutes by walking. For guesthouses near Myeongdong, you can consider the ones in Namsan (if there is no one in your group with difficulties in walking as there is a slight slope when walking up to the guesthouses there) since some of them are approximately 5-7 minutes walk away from Myeongdong.

Edited: 01 August 2013, 10:31
5. Re: to stay in myeongdong or Euljiro 1-ga?

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 02 August 2014, 14:18