We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Winter Itinerary in seoul and hotsprings

Which Seoul hotels are on sale?
dd/mm/yyyy dd/mm/yyyy
See hotels
Singapore, Singapore
Level Contributor
19 posts
3 reviews
Save Topic
Winter Itinerary in seoul and hotsprings

I'm planning the following itinerary for our family year-end vacation of 4 adults.

23 - 26 Dec Seoul

1) Lotte World

2) Myeong-dang and Namdaemun market

3) Dongdaemun and Itaewon

4) Everland Resort

26 - 27 Dec Asan

Hot Springs

Winter activities like sledding, skiing etc etc

27-28 Dec Seoul

last nite in Seoul and the next day fly back to home

I'm looking to staying at Hotel Aropa but not sure will this be convenient to move around the above itinerary.

Is this a packed itinerary? What can we squeeze in between the itinerary.

I thought of taking the sight of Mt Soerak as well but not sure if it would be doable.

How do we go from Seoul to the Asan Hot Springs? Is there any nearer hot springs from Seoul?

How do we go from Seoul to Everland resort

Thank you and appreciate much your review as this would be our first trip/vacation to Korea.

Seoul, South Korea
Level Contributor
1,276 posts
34 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Winter Itinerary in seoul and hotsprings

Everland will be very cold. It's far and outdoors. There is a bus going there. Ask your hotel.

Why not go to Lotte World instead? Half of it is indoors.

Your itinerary is fine. Please take a look at Top Questions to the right for more suggestions on places to go.

Sydney, Australia
Level Contributor
3,881 posts
76 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Winter Itinerary in seoul and hotsprings

The itinerary includes a lot of shopping. I was wondering if you have seen the main attractions before? If you haven't I would recommend a visit to one of the larger palaces and a walk along the Cheonggye Stream. Hotel location looks very good for visiting Seoul.

Hong Kong, China
Level Contributor
1,454 posts
121 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Winter Itinerary in seoul and hotsprings

A side trip to Mt Seorak would be nice. The breathof fresh mountain air and refreshing hike will make your trip to Korea EVERlasting, much better than Everland which is icy cold and you are exposed to the ferocious cold wind.

Singapore, Singapore
Level Contributor
19 posts
3 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Winter Itinerary in seoul and hotsprings

Thanks all for the advice. I have changed my itinerary from 8th to 15th December.

We plan to go to Yongpyong that includes the Mt Seorak Tour within our 2nites/3days package. Hope this is not a rush tour.

My family still wanted to visit Everland as we see the Christmas Village d and Christmas parade looked very beautiful and interesting. Hopefully by this time, the winter is not that cold.

Any tips and advice is still appreciated.

Thanks

Juliann

5. Re: Winter Itinerary in seoul and hotsprings

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 01 November 2014, 13:22