We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Transit at Cairo Airport - Philippine passport

Al Khobar, Saudi...
4 posts
Save Topic
Transit at Cairo Airport - Philippine passport

Hi,

Good day.

I am a Philippine passport holder working in Saudi Arabia with a Residence Permit (Iqama) valid up to 2020.

A: GOING TO

On October 2, 2018, I will be travelling from Dammam, Saudi Arabia transit at Cairo airport Terminal 2 to Rio de Janeiro, Brazil.

In Cairo Airport, I will transit in Terminal 2 for 15 hours and 15 minutes before my next flight to Rio de Janeiro, Brazil.

B: COMING BACK

On October 15, 2018, from Rio de Janeiro, I will transit at Cairo airport Terminal 2 to Dammam, Saudi Arabia.

In Cairo Airport, I will transit in Terminal 2 for 11 hours and 5 minutes before my next flight to Dammam, Saudi Arabia.

This is not a connecting flight. I bought these two separate tickets online.

Do I need an Entry Visa for Egypt on this itinerary?

What are the travel requirements i need to prepare?

Mentioned in this post
Cairo
Cairo
Cairo Governorate, Egypt
Egypt
Egypt
Africa
1 reply
Nuweiba
Destination Expert
for Nuweiba, Dahab, South Sinai
Level Contributor
1,879 posts
4 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Transit at Cairo Airport - Philippine passport

You have bought two separate tickets I presume, to save money. I presume you are flying on two different airlines that do not have an inter line agreeent and so you can not check your luggage all the way through. If that is the case, it is best to get a visa in advance ( in fact a multiple entry visa ) because your luggage will most likely only be checked in as far as Cairo meaning you would have to pass through passport control, collect your luggage, clear customs and then check in and go out through passport control.

The good news is that time is on your side. Contact first the airlines to see if they have an interline agree,ent or not. Because if not and you do not have a visa then they may even stop you from flying in the first place. And if they have no agreement then contact the nearest Egyptian consulate to get a multi entry visa.

Mentioned in this post
Cairo
Cairo
Cairo Governorate, Egypt
Reply to: Transit at Cairo Airport - Philippine passport
Get notified by e-mail when a reply is posted