We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

STI travel company

florida
Level Contributor
76 posts
5 reviews
Save Topic
STI travel company

Has anyone out there used STI travel company? I'm interested in their Egypt tour with Petra extension. Also, has anyone ever been on the M/S Lady Diana ship? Any info will be very helpful.Thanks.

Mentioned in this post
Egypt
Egypt
Africa
Delaware
Level Contributor
464 posts
29 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: STI travel company

I took their 12 day Egypt in Style trip with 4 day Jordan extension in May 2008. It was a fantastic trip and I thought STI did a wonderful job - everything went off without a hitch. Our guide (Egyptologist) was fabulous. I'm looking to go back in 2011 and will use them again.

We were on a different ship - the Mojito.

Mentioned in this post
Egypt
Egypt
Africa
Jordan
Jordan
Middle East
2. Re: STI travel company

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This post was determined to be inappropriate by the TripAdvisor community and has been removed.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

Our staff may also remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason. Thanks for being a part of the TripAdvisor travel community!

Removed on: 04 June 2010, 23:05
Duck Hill...
2 posts
Save Reply
3. Re: STI travel company

Leslie, what did you think about the Mojito?

Duck Hill...
2 posts
Save Reply
4. Re: STI travel company

Sorry, double post

Edited: 15 August 2010, 20:43
Los Angeles...
4 posts
Save Reply
5. Re: STI travel company

I used STI in May 2010 for a trip through Istanbul, Jordan, and Egypt. I was not pleased with the results. They subcontract out all the services to regional travel agencies (in Egypt they use Sakara which is owned by the same company that owns STI). They require a LOT of hand holding through the planning process. You should thoroughly review the itineraries they send back to you as they frequently do not include what you ask for and throw in other things (with a fee) that you do not ask for. Even when you correct them, they often fail to make the change.

Unfortunately, as we found, the itinerary/contract they do settle on with you is pretty much useless when you are on site anyway. The subcontractors will do whatever they do regardless of what is in the itinerary. Jordan was the biggest issue. Our driver Basheer was excellent, but the local guides at Petra and Wadi Rum they contracted with were horrible. The Wadi Rum camp they put us in sounded like it was along the side of a highway (trucks and buses driving through and idling until 1.00a in the morning), not the middle of a remote Arab desert. We tried to roll with the punches, but at some point the experience was simply being ruined. We raised our concerns with the local folks at the time, but they said they were sorry but unable to make a change. When we raised our concerns directly with STI, STI placed blame on the local providers and said there was nothing they could do. Our contract was with STI, we expected them to ensure we had reputable people on location, they failed to deliver and when we tried to hold them responsible for that failure, they passed the buck.

Once they knew we had a problem, they become unresponsive to email and phone calls. I would NOT recommend STI to anyone. The people I worked with at STI were Jane (sales person you passed us to operations once they were paid) and Sergio in operations who became non-responsive when we had an issue.

Mentioned in this post
Jordan
Jordan
Middle East
Egypt
Egypt
Africa
Wadi Rum
Wadi Rum
Al Aqabah Governorate, Jordan
6. Re: STI travel company

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 21 February 2011, 13:16