We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Tour Companies

Lake Worth, Florida
Level Contributor
44 posts
2 reviews
Save Topic
Tour Companies

We are researching tour companies for an Egypt & Jordan trip. We are thinking of going in March or October 2011.

Anyone have info on GoAhead Tours or ABC Tours?

Any suggestion on companies or time of year to go?

thanks,

Mentioned in this post
Egypt
Egypt
Africa
Jordan
Jordan
Middle East
Ramasside Tours
Sightseeing Tours, Cultural Tours, Historical & Heritage Tours, Private Tours
Two Ways Travel
Sightseeing Tours
Egypt Holiday Planner and Tours
Sightseeing Tours, Archaeology Tours, Cultural Tours, Private Tours
Amany Tourism
Boat Tours, Air Tours, Sightseeing Tours, Walking Tours, Historical & Heritage Tours
Belfast, United...
7 posts
Save Reply
1. Re: Tour Companies

I would highly recommend Noga tours there services were excellent. I was with them and only back on june. They are with you from the moment you arrive to departure and the guides are excellent. also they are the best for value for money.

Scotland, United...
Destination Expert
for Luxor, Nile River Valley, Egypt
Level Contributor
10,380 posts
250 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Tour Companies

Sharong87

Interested as to how you know Noga were best value.

How many companies did you check out before choosing them?

How did their prices compare with the rest?

Derbyshire, UK
Level Contributor
1 post
18 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Tour Companies

We went with Thomas Cook to Jordan and couldn't fault it. I believe they do a combined Egypt/Jordan tour. We had our own driver and everything was sorted for us. We had done a bit of looking around and worked it out that trying to get all the different elements together ourselves was very little cheaper than Cooks.

You are considering going at the right time of year, it can get too hot for walking around later on in the year. If you go to Petra, be sure to go early, aim to be coming back out by mid-day. We would recommend the Taybet Zaman hotel in Petra - it is a bit out in the sticks but it is unique with a pool on the side of the hill.

Hope you enjoy it as much as we did.

Mentioned in this post
Jordan
Jordan
Middle East
Egypt
Egypt
Africa
Belfast, United...
7 posts
Save Reply
4. Re: Tour Companies

i found them on internet. I had quotes from several tour companies and they were high in price.I explained exactly what services and extras that i required as it was a present for my fathers 70th .I had reviews beforehand on trip advisor and they did not do this company any justice.Go on their website and type your holiday requirements that you want and then get your price do this for other companies and you will then no how they were value for money. also you do not pay until you get to Egypt when you are taken to your hotel.The weather is very warm from february to november but as long as you drink plenty and cover up you should be fine

Mentioned in this post
Egypt
Egypt
Africa
canada
Level Contributor
5 posts
106 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Tour Companies

A group of 12 of us are going Feb/March 2011. We are travelling with Treasure Egypt Tours - specifically because Raouf Louis is so highly recommened.

We are doing a 16 night/16 day tour including: Cairo, Alexandria, 4 night/5 day Nile cruise (non-smoking), St Catherine (sunset hike Mt Sinai), Sharm El Sheikh, Petra and Amman. All 5 star accommodations + tours, domestic flights, etc....

Join us if you can. The price is very fair and obviously less for a group.

C-from Canada

Mentioned in this post
Egypt
Egypt
Africa
Cairo
Cairo
Cairo Governorate, Egypt
Alexandria
Alexandria
Alexandria Governorate, Egypt
Sharm El Sheikh
Sharm El Sheikh
South Sinai, Egypt
Amman
Amman
Amman Governorate, Jordan
6. Re: Tour Companies

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 22 February 2011, 13:16