We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Nile Cruise from Luxor to Aswan 4 nights

Cluj-Napoca, Romania
4 posts
1 review
Save Topic
Nile Cruise from Luxor to Aswan 4 nights

Hello,

We are planning on a Nile cruise between Luxor and Aswan in August and we have some questions for those who were there.

First of all we would like a recommendation for which Cruise to search for and book?

- As I noticed they all have full board but do they have also offers for all inclusive?

- If we would book a cabin, does that means (includes) visiting sights mentioned in their program + the guide? or that would be paid separately ?

- Are Tips optional ?

- Is it too hot in August ?

- Is there any additional excursions which is nice to see ? (other than abu simble)

Thanks in advance and sorry for posting so many questions.

Mentioned in this post
Luxor
Luxor
Nile River Valley, Egypt
Aswan
Aswan
Aswan Governorate, Egypt
9 replies to this topic
Level Contributor
318 posts
1 review
Save Reply
1. Re: Nile Cruise from Luxor to Aswan 4 nights

All inclusive is not so important. Most of tge Nile cruise are just fullboard, i have seen some all inclusive but weren't as good as tge otger.

Booking a cruise doesn't mean it includes guide, visits to tge temple and tickets(except very few boats)

Tipping is so important and you will be given a good service, looking for tipping back in return. Like in any other countries, tourism and hospitality rely on tipping. If you are getting a bad service, no tip is expected and you can't be blames. But having everything perfect and you decide not to tip coz its optional makes no sense !

Level Contributor
6 posts
3 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Nile Cruise from Luxor to Aswan 4 nights

Hello.

I took this Nile Cruise from Aswan to Luxor 3 Nights 4 Days last September with two friends. https:/…d796-8652P30

The experience was amazing, although we paid quite less last year. USD $750.00 for three people.

The cruise included all meals (buffet), the transportation and entrance tickets to the sites mentioned in the list.

The heat was already bearable, but August might still be too hot.

Mentioned in this post
Aswan
Aswan
Aswan Governorate, Egypt
Luxor
Luxor
Nile River Valley, Egypt
Luxor, Egypt
Level Contributor
72 posts
Save Reply
3. Re: Nile Cruise from Luxor to Aswan 4 nights

Nile cruises from Luxor to Aswan are on Saturday, Monday, and Thursday each week. So recommendation depends on which day you start your cruise.

The cruises offer full board packages but you can pay some extra for all inclusive.

The price usually includes transfers, tours, meals, and tour guide. Drinks are not included in full board packages.

Yes it is hot on August. It is around +45.

Edited: 12 June 2018, 16:05
Mentioned in this post
Luxor
Luxor
Nile River Valley, Egypt
Aswan
Aswan
Aswan Governorate, Egypt
Luxor, Egypt
Level Contributor
72 posts
Save Reply
4. Re: Nile Cruise from Luxor to Aswan 4 nights

Tips are optional but cruise staff, guide and driver expect you to tip them.

There are some optional tours to do plus Abu Simbel as the Nubian village and the botanical island.

Cluj-Napoca, Romania
4 posts
1 review
Save Reply
5. Re: Nile Cruise from Luxor to Aswan 4 nights

Thanks a lot. Now its clear for me regarding the tips , but i didn't know that the botanical garden is an optional tour. As i had it included from some agencies offers. so for standard it will be optional. thanks for the info.

Cluj-Napoca, Romania
4 posts
1 review
Save Reply
6. Re: Nile Cruise from Luxor to Aswan 4 nights

Thanks for the Info IT's clear for the tips topic, i have asked because i found some specific some mentioned as tips into an offer i get , and it sound like its must do!

regarding the all inclusive , we will have kids , so i was thinking they will always need to drink something as such hot weather. that's why i have thought to get an info if that would also be available.

Level Contributor
318 posts
1 review
Save Reply
7. Re: Nile Cruise from Luxor to Aswan 4 nights

You can get them some stuff and store it in their room. You wont use all inclusive a lot at its from 9 am till 11 pm or 12 am. Mainly you will be out doing tours and so.My ooinion no need to pay extra for that but its all yours

Level Contributor
318 posts
1 review
Save Reply
8. Re: Nile Cruise from Luxor to Aswan 4 nights

And as said tipping is expected as long as you are getting a good service. But if not, you have tge right no to

Cluj-Napoca, Romania
4 posts
1 review
Save Reply
9. Re: Nile Cruise from Luxor to Aswan 4 nights

Thanks a lot Mike_U66, for all the info and explanation . you made it clear for me!

Reply to: Nile Cruise from Luxor to Aswan 4 nights
Get notified by e-mail when a reply is posted