We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

What baggage is best on a week's Safari?

Nottingham UK
Level Contributor
108 posts
81 reviews
Save Topic
What baggage is best on a week's Safari?

I'm going on the First Choice Tanzanian 7 day safari in a few weeks and covering a lot of miles. On my last trip to Kenya I did a 3 day trip to the Masai Mara but stayed in the same lodge all the time. Any advice on what sort of luggage is best to take on a 7 day trip? Rucsack I suppose but how big? Anyone done anything similar?

All advice welcome, Dave

Mentioned in this post
Kenya
Kenya
Africa
Bournemouth, United...
Level Contributor
208 posts
44 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: What baggage is best on a week's Safari?

Hi,

We find that a large holdall is best, if travelling by plane between parks then often a soft sided case/holdall is compulsory.

Although its' difficult living out of a small selection of clothing for a week it is possible, we have often made good usage of many of the lodges laundry facilities.

We went on a weeks' safari in Tanzania in '05 its' a great experience particularly the Ngorogoro crater.

Regards,

Fletch

Mentioned in this post
2. Re: What baggage is best on a week's Safari?

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 25 August 2009, 09:18
Get answers to your questions about Mombasa