We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

What baggage is best on a week's Safari?

Nottingham UK
Level Contributor
108 posts
80 reviews
Save Topic
What baggage is best on a week's Safari?

I'm going on the First Choice Tanzanian 7 day safari in a few weeks and covering a lot of miles. On my last trip to Kenya I did a 3 day trip to the Masai Mara but stayed in the same lodge all the time. Any advice on what sort of luggage is best to take on a 7 day trip? Rucsack I suppose but how big? Anyone done anything similar?

All advice welcome, Dave

Bournemouth, United...
Level Contributor
208 posts
39 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: What baggage is best on a week's Safari?

Hi,

We find that a large holdall is best, if travelling by plane between parks then often a soft sided case/holdall is compulsory.

Although its' difficult living out of a small selection of clothing for a week it is possible, we have often made good usage of many of the lodges laundry facilities.

We went on a weeks' safari in Tanzania in '05 its' a great experience particularly the Ngorogoro crater.

Regards,

Fletch

2. Re: What baggage is best on a week's Safari?

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 25 August 2009, 09:18
Get answers to your questions about Mombasa
Recent Conversations