We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

How much money to take? VISA?

London
Level Contributor
21 posts
Save Topic
How much money to take? VISA?

Hi...

Could someone give me a rough idea of how much money to take for two weeks i have half board. And NOT inc safari??

Also is it cheaper to get visa in the UK..

Please help

Many thanks

J

Almeria and...
Level Contributor
216 posts
3 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: How much money to take? VISA?

Hi Janet

I believe it is 35 pounds to apply to the embassey in london for the visa, but you have to send passport, so recorded delivery, 50 us dollars on arrival at the airport.

Are you staying at the Mombassa beach hotel ?

Have a good holiday

Milton Keynes...
Level Contributor
1,126 posts
32 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: How much money to take? VISA?

You have to send your passport plus a passport sized photo and recorded delivery costs in BOTH directions, we just wanted one less thing to bother about on arrival in Nairobi but advance purchasing does add to the overall cost.

As for "how much money to take" - depends what you want to do and how much money you've got in the first place! Some go on a short safari and spend the rest of their time parked by the pool/beach. Others want to go out and about all the time seeing everything they can so they spend a lot more.

Think Bruce596 has put some basic 'costs' of things in the GO lists which might help.

3. Re: How much money to take? VISA?

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 25 August 2009, 13:25
Get answers to your questions about Mombasa