We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

China Unicom top-up help

6 posts
Save Topic
China Unicom top-up help

I went to a China Unicom store and paid 99rmb for 20gb of data in Xiamen. This was on May 23. Once June rolled around, my data has been turned off and I cannot use 4G any more. I haven't exceeded my allowance neither.

I topped up 60rmb to my cell phone number and I get a text saying (in Mandarin) they received my top up of 60 rmb but my available balance is still 0 rmb.

I was under the impression I would pay 99rmb per month for my data and texts but this doesn't seem to be the case. Could anybody help please?

Thanks

Mentioned in this post
Xiamen
Xiamen
Fujian, China
3 replies to this topic
Shanghai Region...
Level Contributor
168 posts
4 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: China Unicom top-up help

You paid 99yuan to use 20GB per calendar month. Most sim card dealer/agents simply don't mention it clearly or it somewhere in the fine print but you have not seen it.

In my opinion one person don't need that much data per month, a fraction of that or would be more suitable. Usually, those are only available at official China Unicom store.

Hope it helps!

Mentioned in this post
6 posts
Save Reply
2. Re: China Unicom top-up help

Per calendar month, ok. But I have not received any text messages telling me to top-up or that my data has ran out.

And it still doesn't explain why after topping up 60rmb my available balance says 0rmb.

Edited: 07 June 2018, 14:43
6 posts
Save Reply
3. Re: China Unicom top-up help

Also I'm confused on the whole topping up thing. I thought it would be a set fee of 99rmb per month for 20gb of data, why must I top up if I haven't exceeded my allowance?

Thank you

Reply to: China Unicom top-up help
Get notified by e-mail when a reply is posted