We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Chengdu and Pandas

Philadelphia...
3 posts
1 review
Save Topic
Chengdu and Pandas

Hello,

I was hoping someone would have some advice/opinion on accommodations in Chengdu and a tour company to see the pandas.

I am booked on a tour but it does not include seeing pandas, so I am staying an extra day on my own to do it. My goal is to go to Dujiangyan because I want to see pandas and get my picture taken with one. Many tours will come and pick you up but I want to make sure my hotel is in a pickup area.

I only have a full day there and then I leave the next morning.

Any thoughts/opinions?

Thanks, Patty

Mentioned in this post
Chengdu
Chengdu
Sichuan, China
Dujiangyan
Dujiangyan
Sichuan, China
3 replies to this topic
Chengdu, China
Level Contributor
156 posts
Save Reply
1. Re: Chengdu and Pandas

Today, I went to the Wolong panda base with two volunteers. They held the panda and took pictures.

this is panda baby,only 5 months old panda.They were very excited.

dujiangyan panda base,There are many tourists, where the number of tourists is limited every day.

So, I suggest you go to the Wolong panda base. You are going to visit the panda Kindergarten.

You can't see baby panda at Dujiangyan panda base.There are no baby babies born there.

Philadelphia...
3 posts
1 review
Save Reply
2. Re: Chengdu and Pandas

I read that you can only do that at the Dujiangyan base. Do they limit how many people can go on the tour a day? Do tours only pick up at certain hotels?

Chengdu, China
Level Contributor
156 posts
Save Reply
3. Re: Chengdu and Pandas

No, there are four panda bases around Chengdu.

you can hold a panda, take photo,,,at wolong panda base,at dujiangyan panda base,at ya'an panda base.

In Dujiangyan panda base, the number of volunteers is limited to 22 people every day.The number of panda holding ,30 people every day.

In Wolong panda base, the number of volunteers is limited to 50 people every day.The number of panda holding ,60 people every day.

Mentioned in this post
Chengdu
Chengdu
Sichuan, China
Dujiangyan
Dujiangyan
Sichuan, China
Reply to: Chengdu and Pandas
Get notified by e-mail when a reply is posted