We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

beijing airbnb

Kuala Lumpur
Level Contributor
28 posts
43 reviews
Save Topic
beijing airbnb

this is not a qn but rather a little note to share bout booking airbnb in beijing, which i did in may 2018 for my 9day trip. cant put it in review as it requires location. hopefully note here helps whoever is thinking to book.

1.u must check all details with the host before booking.in my case

-pics of the room looks nice n in actual it is the exact same in real. the problem is the host didnt post pics of the building. it just wrote that the building is old. but when i first arrived..it's really a low cost dwelling.very sorry to say.so get the host to share u the building outer pics.

-my flight arrive in the wee morning hours and return past midnight. so v requested to have our luggage stored like 8+am before checking in at 12pm.coz the host needed the time to do ncleaning. n on the return day v will checkout by 12pm but to store the luggage til round 8pm. when we booked within the free cancellation period host was kind enough to agree that arrangements can be made. but once it's past the dree cancellation period..on the morning before my flight to be exact, we texted the host and she rejected our requests..v pleaded n tried to discuss logically w her. end up she asked us to just cancel the booking! which of coz v didnt

-they charge additional rmb30 for cleaning fee. it's actually just throwing the rubbish out for u n sweeping the floor. that's it and there can be days they don't clean at all. so make sure u know what's covered in the additional charges

conclusion..with the same pricing which to me isn't cheap at all compared to hotels around, it's better to get a hotel. if airbnb is the option taken, just make sure all details are pre discussed.

2 replies to this topic
1. Re: beijing airbnb

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This post was determined to be inappropriate by the TripAdvisor community and has been removed.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

Our staff may also remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason. Thanks for being a part of the TripAdvisor travel community!

Removed on: 10 June 2018, 10:05

Beijing, China
Level Contributor
11,394 posts
5 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: beijing airbnb

Casually looking at Beijing listings for airbnb, I have never thought that there was any great value there, compared to hotels, serviced apartments, and the better hostels and guesthouses. Beijing is a city that most of the time, has some very good commercial lodging values, in all price ranges. And with commercial lodging, you don't have to worry about the police registration requirement like you do with airbnb rentals (most of which are illegal, BTW).

Mentioned in this post
Reply to: beijing airbnb
Get notified by e-mail when a reply is posted