We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Beijing to Shanghai Train

Melbourne
Level Contributor
113 posts
22 reviews
Save Topic
Beijing to Shanghai Train

Hi there,

I'm looking to pre-book my train ticket from Beijing to Shanghai for September. Can anyone recommend the best way to do this ? Or if in fact I should do this. Am after a first class ticket and would like to travel in the morning of the day.

Thank you.

2 replies to this topic
Amsterdam
Level Contributor
5,620 posts
8 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Beijing to Shanghai Train

First of all, you do know there are 3 classes. First class train is the middle class.

Normally no need to book in advance. There are a lot of trains. Only if you travel in holiday season, or want to travel in the evening I would recommend it. Tickets are issues 30 days in advance. If you book through a website earlier, the company will make the booking final as soon as they come available.

There are a couple of sites offering train tickets. One that is recommended here more often is https://www.china-diy-travel.com/en/.

If you stay a couple of days in Beijing before you travel, you can also ask your hotel to book for you. Normally they will do it for a small fee. Or ask for a ticket agent nearby, and buy there. Costs 5rmb per ticket extra. Bring your passport.

Melbourne
Level Contributor
113 posts
22 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Beijing to Shanghai Train

THank you very much - a very helpful reply!!!

Reply to: Beijing to Shanghai Train
Get notified by e-mail when a reply is posted