We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Status on Jiuzhaigou park?

Province of Cadiz...
4 posts
Save Topic
Status on Jiuzhaigou park?

Hi,

I wanted to know if someone has been there lately and can tell me if it's worth the visit. I'll be there mid October this year. A good/cheap way to go there from Xi'an? I'm thinking bullet train to Guangyuan and then bus

Mentioned in this post
Xi'an
Xi'an
Shaanxi, China
Guangyuan
Guangyuan
Sichuan, China
5 replies to this topic
Chengdu, China
Level Contributor
120 posts
Save Reply
1. Re: Status on Jiuzhaigou park?

Do you want to go to Jiuzhaigou alone?

Oh~, no, no,

Last year, the Jiuzhaigou earthquake,Now Jiuzhaigou is open every day.But limit the number of tourists,only 2000 people a day.You can't get ticket for the park for your alone tourist.

I often make an a reservation 20 days in advance,for tourist.

Mentioned in this post
Jiuzhaigou County
Jiuzhaigou County
Sichuan, China
Province of Cadiz...
4 posts
Save Reply
2. Re: Status on Jiuzhaigou park?

@chenguguide8 I don't want to go there alone, I know it has to be within a group visit. Do you know where I can get the ticket for a group visit in a reliable agency?

But before buying a ticket I wanted to know if it's worth the visit for mid October and how to get there from Xi'an without flying

Mentioned in this post
Xi'an
Xi'an
Shaanxi, China
Beijing, China
Level Contributor
11,282 posts
5 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Status on Jiuzhaigou park?

Mid-October is peak time because it's one of the best times to visit. So if group visits are still required at that time, you'll need to book well in advance.

I strongly suggest that you fly the nonstop from Xi'an to Jiuzhaigou, it costs around RMB 900 and will take an hour-ish and save your energy for the park and maybe fitting in Huanglong. But if you insist on going the time-consuming overland method, then from Xi'an I would go to Jiangyou or Mianyang, stay overnight, then take a morning bus via Pingwu to Jiuzhaigou, as the road is considerably better than from Guangyuan though the route will still take most of the day and buses are few. Some buses may go to Jiuzhaigou county seat rather than to the bus station near the park, so in that event you'd need to get a local bus or taxi to take you the last 40 km to Pengfeng Village, which is best place to stay for access to the Park entrance. Frankly, it's almost less trouble to just to from Xi'an to Chengdu, spend the night, then take an early bus (all day journey) to JZG the next day.

Mentioned in this post
Xi'an
Xi'an
Shaanxi, China
Mianyang
Mianyang
Sichuan, China
Jiuzhaigou County
Jiuzhaigou County
Sichuan, China
Guangyuan
Guangyuan
Sichuan, China
Chengdu
Chengdu
Sichuan, China
Province of Cadiz...
4 posts
Save Reply
4. Re: Status on Jiuzhaigou park?

There are no flights between Xian and the park, looks like there where in the past but not anymore...

Edited: 13 June 2018, 05:54
Mentioned in this post
Xi'an
Xi'an
Shaanxi, China
Chengdu, China
Level Contributor
120 posts
Save Reply
5. Re: Status on Jiuzhaigou park?

Autumn, the most beautiful season in Jiuzhaigou.

In October 2016, more than fifty thousand visitors went to Jiuzhaigou every day.

Today is June 13th. Tickets for Jiuzhaigou have been sold.Until June 25th.

For the alone tourist,You can't buy park ticket

This is a real name system, and you need the name of your passport.

Mentioned in this post
Jiuzhaigou County
Jiuzhaigou County
Sichuan, China
Reply to: Status on Jiuzhaigou park?
Get notified by e-mail when a reply is posted