We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Hiking the Great Wall at Mutianyu

Washington DC...
3 posts
1 review
Save Topic
Hiking the Great Wall at Mutianyu

I'm looking for a tour operator to take three middle aged adults and two teens to the Mutianyu section of the Great Wall. We want to take the cable car up and tobaggon down. We do not want to stop at any shops or restaurants there or back. I've been to Mutianyu before and speak Chinese, but my relatives don't. Can anyone recommend a good tour operator to pretty much get us there and back, without add-ons? Thanks!

Mentioned in this post
The Great Wall at Badaling
The Great Wall at...
10,000 Reviews
Beijing, China
5 replies to this topic
Dublin, California
Level Contributor
22,872 posts
47 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Hiking the Great Wall at Mutianyu

Hire your own driver with a car which can take all five of you to the Wall and back. No need for a tour. There are some recommendations for drivers here. Or you can check out the ads on TheBeijinger.com.

Washington DC...
3 posts
1 review
Save Reply
2. Re: Hiking the Great Wall at Mutianyu

Great idea! Thanks so much!

Salem
Level Contributor
18 posts
73 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Hiking the Great Wall at Mutianyu

We just spent two weeks with China Odyssey Tours and visited this section of the wall. I think they may have a single day option.

Mentioned in this post
Washington DC...
3 posts
1 review
Save Reply
4. Re: Hiking the Great Wall at Mutianyu

Great! Thanks for the tip.

Greater Melbourne...
Level Contributor
425 posts
137 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Hiking the Great Wall at Mutianyu

We did a tour to Mutianyu with Leo Hostel. It was a minibus tour and they promised absolutely NO stops at shops, just straight to the Wall and back in the afternoon. That's exactly what we got. We were not staying at Leo Hostel, but they were happy to do a tour booking, and they also booked train tickets for us, all for a very reasonable price and commission. We took a taxi to the hostel, and they spoke to the driver on his phone when he got lost, and told him how to get there. Leo Hostel is well known - just google it for details.

Mentioned in this post
Leo Hostel
Leo Hostel
445 Reviews
Beijing, China
Reply to: Hiking the Great Wall at Mutianyu
Get notified by e-mail when a reply is posted