We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Air China or China Eastern Airlines??

Singapore, Singapore
Level Contributor
14 posts
6 reviews
Air China or China Eastern Airlines??

Hi, has anyone ever travel on these two airlines to Beijing/Xi'An? Can you advise which one is better? Thanks!

Sherbrooke, Canada
Level Contributor
46,403 posts
851 reviews
1. Re: Air China or China Eastern Airlines??

Very similar. Choose the one that fits your schedule or is cheapest, whatever your priority is.

Singapore, Singapore
Level Contributor
14 posts
6 reviews
2. Re: Air China or China Eastern Airlines??

Hi Thanks! But refer to the reviews in China Forum, China Eastern Airlines does not have it's own entertainment monitor for each seat, is that true? Btw, from service quality point of view, does both airlines about the same? Thanks alot....

Sherbrooke, Canada
Level Contributor
46,403 posts
851 reviews
3. Re: Air China or China Eastern Airlines??

I think that this may refer to international flights. In any case i flew Air China yesterday and even on an international flight they did not have a personal entertainement screen.

Singapore, Singapore
Level Contributor
14 posts
6 reviews
4. Re: Air China or China Eastern Airlines??

Oh... means both airlines are almost the same, no guarantee whether got private entertainment monitor on each seat or not.

Thanks a lot for the advice!

Christchurch, New...
Destination Expert
for Zhuhai, Christchurch, South Island
Level Contributor
40,624 posts
450 reviews
5. Re: Air China or China Eastern Airlines??

I travel a lot and don't know of ANY domestic airline in China that has personal OR public, entertainment systems. You are talking about a 1-2 hour flight, take a book.

Italy
Level Contributor
39,684 posts
234 reviews
6. Re: Air China or China Eastern Airlines??

Flown with both and both were good so I would choose by schedule and or price.

Melbourne, Australia
Level Contributor
2,107 posts
253 reviews
7. Re: Air China or China Eastern Airlines??

I travel regular between Beijing and Xían and I find China Southern very very good. very courtesy as all Chinese flight Attendants are, but just a litle ahead of others.

Always a beautiful smile to greet you.

I have noty had any problems for years and years and years.

Kind regards

Albon

Changsha / Melbourne

Melbourne, Australia
Level Contributor
2,107 posts
253 reviews
8. Re: Air China or China Eastern Airlines??

Hi Karen

Sorry I typed China Southern and I meant to type China Eastern.

A typing error.

Sorry.

Kind regards

Albon

Changsha / Melbourne

Beijing, China
Level Contributor
5,000 posts
81 reviews
9. Re: Air China or China Eastern Airlines??

The question isn't clear. Domestic services don't have personal in-seat monitors. If the OP means international flights to/from Singapore to China then I think it's unlikely but perhaps this info can be checked at seat guru or airlinequality.com.

10. Re: Air China or China Eastern Airlines??

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 07 March 2012, 00:16