We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Beijing Hotel after tour

Melbourne
Level Contributor
112 posts
20 reviews
Save Topic
Beijing Hotel after tour

Hi there,

I am looking to extend my stay in Beijing for 1 - 2 nights after a tour that finishes in Beijing. The hotel where we are based doesn't have the best of reviews - so I thought I would look for another option at the end. It is in the DongCheng District. I'm happy to move to another area - would look to spend AUD $200 (US $170) a night. I would suspect I might be "touristed" out by this stage, so an area with great shopping and Beijing "life" would be preferred .. I'm getting very lost in reviews and can't decide... Thank you in advance for your help !!!

Mentioned in this post
5 replies to this topic
Amsterdam
Level Contributor
5,235 posts
8 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Beijing Hotel after tour

What do you consider "Beijing" life???

Great shopping probably means staying near Wangfujing area. But that is absolutely not Beijing life. For the last you can look at an hutong hotel.

But as long as you stay near a subway station, you can go anywhere easy.

Mentioned in this post
Melbourne
Level Contributor
112 posts
20 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Beijing Hotel after tour

Thank you. by "Beijing life" - just meant daily going on's. I think I am going to either head to the Art District or the Hutongs - as I think I'll enjoy spending time in these areas!

Mentioned in this post
Melbourne, Australia
Destination Expert
for Beijing, Lijiang
Level Contributor
9,816 posts
69 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Beijing Hotel after tour

Hi,

Yes, great idea to change hotels and check out a different location.

If by Art District you mean 798 Art Zone, don't stay in that area. You will be in outer Beijing, lack of neighborhood atmosphere, public transport is not convenient and getting a taxi can be time consuming. If you haven't been to 798 Art Zone area see it as an excursion, don't stay there.

Stay within a hutong location instead. Much more interesting, lively in the evening, and there are many smaller guesthouses to choose from.

The Orchid would suite your budget and what you are looking for. Its in Baochao Hutong, near the Drum & Bell Towers and Nanluoguxiang / Beiluoguxiang areas.

https://www.theorchidbeijing.com

Annie

Mentioned in this post
The Orchid Hotel
The Orchid Hotel
548 Reviews
Beijing, China
Nanluoguxiang
Nanluoguxiang
1,145 Reviews
Beijing, China
Melbourne
Level Contributor
112 posts
20 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Beijing Hotel after tour

Thank you for your advice!! Very helpful. I will now look through some of your reviews and posts. Great to have an expert opinion!!!

Melbourne, Australia
Level Contributor
899 posts
108 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Beijing Hotel after tour

We stayed in a hutong area, at the 161 Lama Temple Courtyard Hotel, loved it, recommend it. Please see reviews

https://www.tripadvisor.com.au/Hotel_Review-…

Reply to: Beijing Hotel after tour
Get notified by e-mail when a reply is posted