We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Judge My Itinerary

Level Contributor
19 posts
Save Topic
Judge My Itinerary

Day 1- Arrive from plane, probably jet lagged, visit jiefangbei and go on cable car to see the city

Day 2- white emperor city *

Day 3- Chongqing Zoo, hongaydong

Day 4 -Dazu rock carvings *

Day 5-Stillwell museum, Ciqikou Old Town, weekend clubbing

Day 6- Huguang guild hall, goose neck park , weekend clubbing

Day 7- Three Gorges Museum, People’s Assembly Hall, weekend clubbing

Day 8- Wulong Karst Geological Park *

Day 9- Fly away

How to get to places with * and how much

What are the best ways to travel around the places in Chongqing

Anything I should be aware of as a foreigner.

How will the weather be like in these areas? Snowing, really cold? The trip is near end of December.

Edited: 19 October 2017, 13:53
12 replies to this topic
London, United...
Level Contributor
20 posts
48 reviews
Save Reply
11. Re: Judge My Itinerary

hi guys, do you know if there is a direct/public bus/train between Dazu and Leshan and how long it might take please? I'd like to avoid going back to Chengdu.. Is there a chance of renting a car/driver or it's too expensive please?

Beijing, China
Level Contributor
11,667 posts
5 reviews
Save Reply
12. Re: Judge My Itinerary

Yes, there does seem to be two buses from Dazu to Leshan, each leaving from a different Dazu station in the morning. From the central long distance bus station in the center of town, bus leaves at 08:10 and takes about 5.5 hours. Cost is RMB 100. From the Dazu Longshui bus station which is a few miles south of the city, a bus leaves at 08:40 taking about 3 hours, cost RMB 116. I presume the journey difference is that the first bus may make more intermediate stops while the second is more of an express. Or that 5.5 hours is a misprint....as that seems long for the distance involved.

If you need an afternoon option, you can catch a bus from Dazu to Zigong (13:30 departure from Dazu central, 14:00 from Dazu Longshui), taking about 2 to 2.5 hours. There is a 17:30 bus Zigong-Leshan, takes about 2 hours, RMB 52. You should be able to make the switch and get to Leshan in the early evening, assuming you want to spend the night there. While a Dazu-Leshan private car/driver would probably be pretty expensive, hiring a car/driver for Zigong-Leshan might be doable for around RMB 500 (remember driver has to return to Zigong). BTW, Zigong has interesting dinosaur and salt museums and isn't a bad place to spend the night.

As always, bus timetables should be checked a few days before you want to travel, to verify schedule.

Edited: 31 October 2017, 00:34
Reply to: Judge My Itinerary
Get notified by e-mail when a reply is posted