We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

A11 bus

perth
Level Contributor
373 posts
2 reviews
Save Topic
A11 bus

Hi all, could some one please advise where at the airport can I purchase tickets for the A11 airport bus?

Also we are needing to get off at gloucster road causeway bay close to Elizabeth house. Does any one know what stop to get off.

Because iv never been to hk before and won't recognize the building.

A little concerned that I'm going to get lost with the kids in tow. Our flight arrives about 6pm.

Thanks

Elk Grove...
Destination Expert
for Hong Kong
Level Contributor
17,717 posts
3 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: A11 bus

Hi My4kidstravel:

Taking A11 airport bus, you alight at bus stop #13 "Wan Chai Fire Station, Hennessy Road", and walk 2 short blocks. About 200 meters. Very easy.

Here is the route on the map. You alight right after passing Wan Chai Fire Station. Backtrack to the street corner (Canel Road East). Make a right turn. 2 short blocks down. That's it. Elizabeth House.

http://g.co/maps/f9ahk

Hong Kong, China
Level Contributor
704 posts
65 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: A11 bus

There are no tickets for buses in Hong Kong, just pay the exact fare (HK$40 for adult and HK$20 for child) by cash when you get on the bus. You can also buy a pre-paid Octopus card for every one in your party and use the card to pay the fare of the bus as well as other public transports such as tram and MTR.

The nearest A11 bus stop to Elizabeth House is in Hennessy Road. According to the route map it's Stop No. 13. Press the bell when you see a fire station.

New Forest, United...
Destination Expert
for Hong Kong
Level Contributor
10,600 posts
Save Reply
3. Re: A11 bus

You can buy tickets for the A11 bus at the Citybus Airport Kiosk at the airport bus station, just to left as you enter the bus station at the bottom of the ramp from the passenger terminal;

flickr.com/photos/…set-72157628854665191

It is open 6am to midnight and you can use cash or credit card to pay.

Pre-paid tickets are available for all Citybus "CityFlyer" airport routes;

nwstbus.com.hk/routes/…

Edited: 15 March 2012, 15:13
Hong Kong, China
Level Contributor
6,409 posts
35 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: A11 bus

Here is the link to route A11. Select the arrow to go from Airport to North Point.

www.nwstbus.com.hk/routesearch.aspx…

Christchurch, New...
Destination Expert
for Zhuhai, Christchurch, South Island
Level Contributor
35,261 posts
353 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: A11 bus

The A11 buses I have taken (can't guarantee ALL) have LED screens that display the names of the bus stops in Chinese and English - no problems there.

Chennai (Madras...
2 posts
Save Reply
6. Re: A11 bus

Where do I get down in Bus A11 or E11 if I have to go to Cheong Kong Centre from the Airport.Which is preferred A11 or E11? Shall be thankful for your reply since I am go to HK for the first time.

Elk Grove...
Destination Expert
for Hong Kong
Level Contributor
17,717 posts
3 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: A11 bus

kcmadhu4:

Welcome to the Hong Kong forum. To go to Cheong Kong Centre, either A11 or E11 will work. You alight at the same stop, which is "Admiralty Station, Queensway". E11 is cheaper, HKD $21, versus A11 of HKD $40. E11 will take about 10 minutes longer for the same trip, because it needs to meander through about 10 different stops to pick up passengers in the airport area first before heading to the city. A11, being specially dedicated to serve travellers, has more luggage space onboard. Though I think it may not be a big issue.

Once you alight the bus, use the elevated pedestrian walkpath to reach the other side of Queensway (the tram tracks), then backtrack along Queensway for about 300 to 400 meters.

New Forest, United...
Destination Expert
for Hong Kong
Level Contributor
10,600 posts
Save Reply
8. Re: A11 bus

The A11 bus has route information display panels and announcements indicating number and name of next bus stop and hotels/landmarks served. For Admiralty Station, the stop number is stop 8;

…nwstbus.com.hk/text/getstopinroute.php…

I think stop 7 "City Hall", is closer, although with more roads/subways to navigate it may be easier to walk from stop 8.

Bus E11, which starts at Asia World-Expo, has no such announcements, so you may not find it easy to know where to get off the bus unless you are familiar with the area or know for a landmark to look for;

…nwstbus.com.hk/text/getstopinroute.php…

The E11 bus picks up most of its passengers at stops after the airport and I think there should be plenty of luggage space. On the A11, the luggage area of the bus is monitored by CCTV with screens upstairs on the bus, so if you sit upstairs you can see your luggage but the E11 doesn't have any such monitoring.

Chennai (Madras...
2 posts
Save Reply
9. Re: A11 bus

Thanks a lot for your answers.It was very useful

Singapore, Singapore
6 posts
Save Reply
10. Re: A11 bus

Hope you can advise me on how to travel by E11 or A11 from the HK airport to Holiday Inn Express, Causeway Bay near Times Square. Thank you.