We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Disneyland 1 day or 2 days

Which Hong Kong hotels are on sale?
dd/mm/yyyy dd/mm/yyyy
See hotels
Bengaluru, India
Level Contributor
50 posts
11 reviews
Save Topic
Disneyland 1 day or 2 days

Hi:

I am traveling with my wife and 2 daughters, 4 and 6 to Hong Kong next month for 4 days. The primary attraction for the trip is DisneyLand and Ocean Park.

Wanted opinions on whether we need 2 days to cover Disneyland at leisure or would a day suffice? If we need 2 days we will need to forego some other attractions.

Thanks in advance

Hong Kong, China
Level Contributor
700 posts
53 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Disneyland 1 day or 2 days

If you are planning to spend 2 days in theme parks I would suggest spending 1 day in Disneyland and 1 day in Ocean Park. The Hong Kong Disneyland is very small and you will find yourself spending time on lining up for different attractions rather than walking around. There are so much more to see in Ocean Park: wild life, marine animals, games, pandas and cable car. I think your children would like it.

Hong Kong, China
Destination Expert
for Hong Kong, Macau, Holiday Travel, Food and Travel
Level Contributor
27,160 posts
5,413 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Disneyland 1 day or 2 days

Disneyland Hong Kong is the smallest of the theme parks and while it has expanded noticeably over the past year, it very much remains a park that can be comfortably visited in 1 day. However many families to much enjoy spending two days there, spending one night at the Disney hotels. Nothing wrong with this if your little ones are big Disney fans.

However, I also would suggest splitting your trip with 1 day at Disney and 1 day at Ocean Park. In the end, you know what you are going to get at Disney. Ocean Park will be the surprisingly enjoyable park for you to see. Lots of aqua-based wildlife, rides, exhibits, shark tanks, dolphin shows. There are pandas, red pandas and a recently opened Polar adventure area that should easily entertain you little ones as much as going to Disney for a second day.

Hope this is useful, have a nice trip whatever you decide to do.

Kuala Lumpur...
Destination Expert
for Kuala Lumpur, Macau, Hong Kong
Level Contributor
14,892 posts
Save Reply
3. Re: Disneyland 1 day or 2 days

at leisure, then 2 days please..and more so, next month, whilst temperatures will drop, but there could be some showers..so allocating two days will make your two much happier.

Mermaid Beach
Level Contributor
135 posts
1 review
Save Reply
4. Re: Disneyland 1 day or 2 days

If you are going during the week, get there when it opens and you'll easily breeze through it all in one day. If you are going on a weekend, when there will be lines for everything (around 20 minutes at each), you can still do it but it's a bit more stressful.

Be mindful there's big Chinese holiday coming soon, try to avoid going there if there's a public holiday on the mainland, unless you really like big crowds, long lines etc! Also be mindful about the temperature, it's cooling off a little here but you still need decent hats, sunscreen if you like.

uk
Level Contributor
154 posts
11 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Disneyland 1 day or 2 days

1 day for each is fine. Try to avoid weekends/public holidays . Go as early as you can in the morning. Try to get to ocean park before it opens and when you get into the park catch the train or cable car to the furthest point and work your way back otherwise you can be looking at 1 hour cues per ride leave the aquarium and pandas until last.

Hong Kong, China
Level Contributor
541 posts
Save Reply
6. Re: Disneyland 1 day or 2 days

1 day in disney is more than fine...the park is the smallest ones of the disney parks...so no need to worry

take ur precious time and do the other theme park:ocean park...in case u travel during the month of sept...be aware that the cable car ride is closed dring the week due to the annual maintenance

Melbourne, Australia
Level Contributor
24 posts
86 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Disneyland 1 day or 2 days

I went there in September a few years ago and my 6 yo daughter loved it. Unfortunately a typhoon closed the park in the afternoon and many rides were closed in the morning because of it, so we didn't do half the things. There were very few queues because of the weather, so keep in mind that you may need two days if there are inclement conditions. Disneyland gave us free passes for the next day, so that was nice.

Melbourne, Australia
Level Contributor
2,089 posts
250 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: Disneyland 1 day or 2 days

1 day would be fine as long as you get there when they open and then you can have the full day..

2 days would be too much and a bit expensive.

It is one of the smallest Disneyland's there is but it is excellent!

The childrena nd yourselves will enjoy it.

Bengaluru, India
Level Contributor
50 posts
11 reviews
Save Reply
9. Re: Disneyland 1 day or 2 days

Thank you all for your replies. Our dates are Oct 20 to 24. is the big Chinese festival during those dates?

Hong Kong, China
Level Contributor
541 posts
Save Reply
10. Re: Disneyland 1 day or 2 days

cheung yeung festival is on oct 23rd