We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Tim Ho Wan

Metro Manila...
Level Contributor
45 posts
72 reviews
Save Topic
Tim Ho Wan

Hi guys! Please tell me which Tim Ho Wan branch is nearest to Rosedale Hotel Kowloon, pleasssse? :) Thanks!

Hong Kong, China
Level Contributor
5,133 posts
108 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Tim Ho Wan

The one at Olympic city. It's about 15 minutes walk from your hotel but I would recommend taxi (HK$20) because it's a little bit complicated / confusing to walk there.

Metro Manila...
Level Contributor
45 posts
72 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Tim Ho Wan

Yey! I saw Olympic city earlier when I walked around. Thank you so much! Great help! Cheers, onelightyear!

Hong Kong
Level Contributor
551 posts
170 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Tim Ho Wan

It's only a 5-10 minute walk from Rosedale to Olympian City. The taxi driver will not be happy to take you there. From the hotel, follow south along Tai Kok Tsui Road (the one with the flyover above). You will reach an intersection with a cross-light. Cross and you will reach a park with a long block of apartments behind it. Keep heading south and Olympian City 3 is on your left side. Cross the street (Hoi Ting Road) on the right hand side (there's a M&S on the other side), and you will see the restaurant facing Hoi Ting Road.

Edited: 25 February 2013, 14:04
Metro Manila...
Level Contributor
45 posts
72 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Tim Ho Wan

Wow! Nice! Thank you so much!

Toronto
Level Contributor
512 posts
263 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Tim Ho Wan

Is the location in Yau Ma Tei closed now?

I am staying at a flat near Portland/Dundas st. and it seems like the old location is walking distance.

Since the new location in Olympian City 2 has more seating I imagine it's easier to just go there.

Do you guys recommend walking or taking a taxi? Seems like if I walk I should go straight up Portland St. then go west on Cherry St.

Kuala Lumpur...
Destination Expert
for Kuala Lumpur, Macau, Hong Kong
Level Contributor
14,892 posts
Save Reply
6. Re: Tim Ho Wan

Hi EXgeMMy, still thriving, so can walk to its first branch-Kwong Wah St.

Yep, the other branch in Olympian City 2 has like 100 seats(read somewhere),that is triple seating capacity of Kwong Wah's.

Off the cuff(mapping road in mind- so could be not so accurate)- north along Portland, then come to Argyle, west towards Cheery St, then left for Hoi Ting road for OCII(2).

Then ask a box to pack six of that infamous buns, then walk back to flat and another round.

Enjoy.

Singapore, Singapore
Level Contributor
236 posts
56 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Tim Ho Wan

The one near Dundas Street is the flagship store and still open.

Walking to Olympic from Portland takes about 15 minutes.... even though it might not be the most enjoyable of all walks.

Taking a cab will probably not costing you too much.

Alternatively you can take a bus as well. KMB 72X should bring you there.

Toronto
Level Contributor
512 posts
263 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: Tim Ho Wan

Have the crowds died down at the Dundas St. one? Quick look online says a 2hour wait. If that's the casprobably better if I just go to Olympian city.

@Luis_HK Do I catch the KMB 72X from Nathan Rd.?

9. Re: Tim Ho Wan

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 06 March 2014, 13:15