We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The Tripadvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Nyepi ocean silent day

australia
Level Contributor
8 posts
16 reviews
8 helpful votes
Nyepi ocean silent day
Save

HI

i saw this note;

Please note that Nyepi Laut (Ocean Silent Day) will be observed on 16 October 2016. Sea-crossing to Lembongan and Nusa Penida is prohibited and no sea-related activities can be performed on the islands on that day.

Is this happen 2017 as well?

if its when?

Ballina, Australia
Destination Expert
for Pemuteran, Bali
Level Contributor
11,383 posts
51 reviews
81 helpful votes
1. Re: Nyepi ocean silent day
Save

Yes Nyepi Laut happens every year. I am not sure of the date for 2017 but there will be no sea movement to and from Nusa Lembongan, Ceningan and Penida.

Munich, Germany
Destination Expert
for Bali
Level Contributor
21,004 posts
91 reviews
63 helpful votes
2. Re: Nyepi ocean silent day
Save

Yes - 5th October 2017 I think

australia
Level Contributor
8 posts
16 reviews
8 helpful votes
3. Re: Nyepi ocean silent day
Save

thanks

Armstrong, Canada
1 post
4. Re: Nyepi ocean silent day
Save

Hi, Is there anywhere were I can search to find out for sure what day Nyepi Ocean silent day is as we will be in Lembongan at that time and leaving on the 6th of October. I have emailed the hotels, but no one seems to know for sure.

Thanks

Ballina, Australia
Destination Expert
for Pemuteran, Bali
Level Contributor
11,383 posts
51 reviews
81 helpful votes
5. Re: Nyepi ocean silent day
Save

It is always the 4th full moon according to the Saka calendar. Think Pigitty is correct and it will be 5th October.

Perhaps leave it till the time gets a bit closer and email your accommodation again. The boat companies usually have it announced on their websites as well.

6. Re: Nyepi ocean silent day

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity.

What are forum guidelines?
© 2022 Tripadvisor LLC All rights reserved.

This is the version of our website addressed to speakers of English in Singapore. If you are a resident of another country or region, please select the appropriate version of Tripadvisor for your country or region in the drop-down menu.