We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

British food

Aberdeen, United...
Level Contributor
23 posts
7 reviews
Save Topic
British food

My family ... not me ... are pretty fuasy eaters. I am more adventurous and willing to try than they are but none of us eat any fish.

Is there anywhere you would recommend that maybe has British pub grub ? Chicken fillets or things like that would be great.

Bali Full-Day Traditional Village...
236 Reviews
from US$40.00*
Free Cancellation
Bali Quad Bike Adventure
82 Reviews
from US$46.00*
Free Cancellation
Mount Batur Sunrise Hiking and Coffee...
62 Reviews
from US$40.00*
Free Cancellation
18 replies to this topic
Aberdeen, United...
Level Contributor
23 posts
7 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: British food

Sorry should have said we are staying in Ubud and legian/kuta area.

Mentioned in this post
Ubud
Ubud
Bali, Indonesia
2. Re: British food

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This post was determined to be inappropriate by the TripAdvisor community and has been removed.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

Our staff may also remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason. Thanks for being a part of the TripAdvisor travel community!

Removed on: 07 June 2018, 14:35

Ballina, Australia
Destination Expert
for Pemuteran, Bali
Level Contributor
8,292 posts
44 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: British food

Western food is available in most restaurants and bars in the tourist districts. You will have no trouble finding chicken dishes, schnitzel, steak, pasta dishes, salads etc.

Maybe not so much in the small local warungs.

Mortdale, Australia
Level Contributor
2,198 posts
45 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: British food

Do a search of restaurants in Ubud...I have a fussy 27yo son and found that my accom is near a pizza place and a ribs joint. If you find that hard...post your accom location and Im sure people here can point you in the right direction

Aberdeen, United...
Level Contributor
23 posts
7 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: British food

Thank you for your replies ... much appreciated from those who have given me an answer.

In response to BaliAustralia - it most certainly won't be a sad day as we have always wanted to visit Bali. Having food they like and are used to makes their holiday even better than some weird things they couldn't even pronounce!!!!

Mentioned in this post
Bali
Bali
Indonesia
6. Re: British food

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This post was determined to be inappropriate by the TripAdvisor community and has been removed.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

Our staff may also remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason. Thanks for being a part of the TripAdvisor travel community!

Removed on: 07 June 2018, 11:05

Perth, Australia
Level Contributor
600 posts
44 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: British food

You could try Alleycats off Poppies 2 in Kuta. It's a bit tricky to find behind Twice Bar. We haven't been there for a while but it used to get a bit crazy at night with cheap, strong cocktails on offer and lots of (young) people would drink here before going to nightclubs later. If you're not into that maybe go for breakfast, lunch or early dinner.

You could also try Sheppy's and Uncle Norms in Melasti St Legian for pub grub. My father in-law is a really fussy eater and he loves Sheppy's.

Mentioned in this post
Alleycats
Alleycats
298 Reviews
Kuta, Indonesia
Kuta
Kuta
Kuta District, Indonesia
Uncle Norm's Bar & Bistro
Uncle Norm's Bar & Bistro
602 Reviews
Legian, Indonesia
Melasti
Melasti
64 Reviews
Beraban, Indonesia
Gold Coast...
Level Contributor
351 posts
5 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: British food

HI there. In the Kuta/Legian part of your holiday try Mamas on Jalan Legian. I think your family will will love it.

Mentioned in this post
Kuta
Kuta
Kuta District, Indonesia
Perth, WA
Destination Expert
for Seminyak
Level Contributor
5,456 posts
117 reviews
Save Reply
9. Re: British food

LOL. My son in law is from Glasgow and a more picky eater for what he's grown up with you can't find. His passion is bacon and he loves it in Bali because often it is deep fried. He manages to survive so I'm sure you will. Everywhere has it's own brand of burgers, chips, and pizzas and there are some good barbecue places. Check out the tripadvisor restaurant reviews.

Mentioned in this post
Bali
Bali
Indonesia
melbourne
Level Contributor
4,948 posts
13 reviews
Save Reply
10. Re: British food

I'm a picky, 'boring' eater and I love that Bali has so much to choose from. You won't have a problem finding the type of food you're looking for.

I can never understand why people make others feel bad for not liking certain foods. Are we a lower species because we don't like spices etc?

And I don't go on a holiday for the food, rather I go for the culture, the adventure and meeting new people.

It's a sad day when you choose somewhere to holiday just for the food.

Mentioned in this post
Bali
Bali
Indonesia
Reply to: British food
Get notified by e-mail when a reply is posted