We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Transfer from Denpasar airport

3 posts
Save Topic
Transfer from Denpasar airport

Hi! I was wondering what are the affordable transfers from Denpasar airport to Seminyak. I read online that taxis can cost about 80,000IDR and Uber for aboyt 50,000IDR. Is Uber still around in Indonesia though? Or is Grab an option too?

Thanks!

Mentioned in this post
Denpasar
Denpasar
Bali, Indonesia
Seminyak
Seminyak
Kuta District, Indonesia
5 replies to this topic
Bangalore
Level Contributor
59 posts
171 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Transfer from Denpasar airport

Hi,

When I traveled in last January (Uber) was in Kuta.

You can still get lot of Taxis once you come out of the Airport.

Getting a Taxi is not an issue in Bali.

Mentioned in this post
Kuta
Kuta
Kuta District, Indonesia
Bali
Bali
Indonesia
Munich, Germany
Destination Expert
for Munich, Bali
Level Contributor
13,593 posts
86 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Transfer from Denpasar airport

No Uber but Grab is operating but lots of contradictory info as whether they can/are operating at the Airport.

Generally only the official Airport Taxi cooperative can operate at arrivals. The official fare from DPS to Seminyak is ~ IDR80k but can be fluid sometimes.

On arrival just after the Dufry shop you'll find the taxi desk near the Info desk (this is before the throngs of people waiting). Just book with them.

You can if you wish wander upstairs to Departures and grab a Bluebird taxi doing a dropoff.

Please be aware that there are some "blue" taxis with very whizzy meters so make sure it is a Bluebird.

Mentioned in this post
Seminyak
Seminyak
Kuta District, Indonesia
Legian, Indonesia
Level Contributor
531 posts
3 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Transfer from Denpasar airport

Hi NotaPigsty

You give a lot of good info to new visitors to Bali and the forum

But the info about the official taxi desk fares are outdated , 80,000 does not come into the equation anymore

They are quoting 200,000 to Legian, 150,000 is quite doable with the waiting drivers on a quiet night, 60,000 if you go upstairs.

Mentioned in this post
Bali
Bali
Indonesia
Capalaba, Australia
Level Contributor
513 posts
46 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Transfer from Denpasar airport

I have a private driver waiting, no mess no fuss and it’s only 150k

I would rather pay a little more for the convenience of having a friendly face waiting for us

Delhi, Delhi, India
Level Contributor
46 posts
27 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Transfer from Denpasar airport

Hi pvt transfer to your hotel in legian kuta is around 150-300k depending on the timings you land there are lot of taxi service on trip advisor..just search ot. Like uber there is go jerk and bluebird taxi which are eficient from point to point..

njoy have a great trip

Reply to: Transfer from Denpasar airport
Get notified by e-mail when a reply is posted
;