We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Nusa Penida day trip

Level Contributor
11 posts
1 review
Save Topic
Nusa Penida day trip

Hi all, I am planning to do NP day trip. Please advice if I should book trough the tours on Mainland or explore it on my own ? Will I get a car/drive in NP ? I heard the roads are bad for scooter. What is the cost trough tours ?

Any input will be appreciated.

4 replies to this topic
Level Contributor
718 posts
42 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Nusa Penida day trip

My suggestion is to get down to Sanur beach and grab a boat ticket from one of the many vendors a long the beach side. I think it’s 200.000 IDR each way and its about a 40 minuet trip each way. Make sure you have the right footwear as your feet will get wet getting onto the boat. So wear thongs and pack a pair of sneakers if you plan on climbing down to the bottom of kelingking beach. Kelinking beach is about an hours drive from the boat you can either do this by car with private driver or by scooter from what I’ve heard it’s best to do by car because the roads are very poor. Happy and safe travels 🙏

Mentioned in this post
Sanur Beach
Sanur Beach
6,988 Reviews
Sanur, Indonesia
Munich, Germany
Destination Expert
for Munich, Bali
Level Contributor
14,270 posts
86 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Nusa Penida day trip

Hi Saad,

If on your own then maybe best to try and book a return fastboat ticket through a tourist booth. Big Fastboat companies generally have 3 or 4 services each way daily. Full price can be IDR450-500k so should be able to haggle a retrun down to IDR400k.

There are local boats which are a lot cheaper but take a lot longer and not the safest.

The thing is for both combined fastboat/tours booked from Bali mainland and hiring private drivers both play the 'minimum 2 PAX' game.

If you are willing to haggle when you arrive in Toyapakeh you can haggle with the drivers at the harbour but expect to pay IDR600k just for the driver for the day. So all in all expect to pay IDR1m on your own.

The absolute cheapest way of doing it is to hire a scooter for IDR50k. Drive up to Padangbai and get the big RORO ferry (IDR40k ish + scooter charge) at 0830.

Get the return at 15:30 from Toyapakeh to Padangbai.

But yes the roads around Penida are not that good

Mentioned in this post
Bali
Bali
Indonesia
Padangbai
Padangbai
Bali, Indonesia
Level Contributor
11 posts
1 review
Save Reply
3. Re: Nusa Penida day trip

Thank you guys. So I can easily get a cab with driver in Toyapakeh ?

Level Contributor
11 posts
1 review
Save Reply
4. Re: Nusa Penida day trip

One of tours quoted 1.8mil for the day trip in NP for two people. Is it a right price ? I feel its pricey

The price includes pick and drop from hotel, fastboat, car in NP and returns as well, covering 4 famous points.

Reply to: Nusa Penida day trip
Get notified by e-mail when a reply is posted