We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

1st family trip -Pls help me plan

Singapore
Level Contributor
109 posts
9 reviews
Save Topic
1st family trip -Pls help me plan

Hello, I'll in Bali coming Feb with my family of 4 (2 older teens) for 5D4N stay. Initially, wanted to base at one location but after reading so much about snorkelling at beaches of Amed, I've decided to stay 2 nights in Kuta & 2 nights in Amed.

2 nights in Kuta (Amnaya resort)- originally wanted to do both waterbom park & Haunted valley ATV tour. But I think I'll have to choose between the 2 due to time constraints? :(

2 nights in Amed - I am deciding between Bali Dream house or Santai Ocean villas. Can anyone share which is better? I'm staying in Amed mainly to experience staying at a charming Bali villa & snorkelling at beach.

Also, will the trip from Amed back to airport be a problem in terms of traffic jams as I read that it takes 2.5 hours? Thanks!

Mentioned in this post
Bali
Bali
Indonesia
Amed
Amed
Abang, Indonesia
Kuta
Kuta
Kuta District, Indonesia
Amnaya Resort Kuta
Amnaya Resort Kuta
900 Reviews
Kuta, Indonesia
Bali Dream House
Bali Dream House
148 Reviews
Amed, Indonesia
The Santai
The Santai
188 Reviews
Kerobokan, Indonesia
1 reply
coffs harbour...
Destination Expert
for Tulamben, Lovina Beach
Level Contributor
8,101 posts
60 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: 1st family trip -Pls help me plan

If you're heading to the airport from Amed allow a minimum of 3 hours, it may take less, but also could take more. A delay on the road could cause you to miss your flight.

And just so you're aware, February is the very worst time for sea conditions on the north east coast. It can be raining heavily, with rough and dirty seas. I certainly would not recommend a snorkelling holiday in Amed that time of year.

Mentioned in this post
Amed
Amed
Abang, Indonesia
Reply to: 1st family trip -Pls help me plan
Get notified by e-mail when a reply is posted