We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Airport to Legian

Liverpool
Level Contributor
728 posts
21 reviews
Save Topic
Airport to Legian

Hi first time to Bali wondering how much in a taxi from airport to Legian also is there a money exchange in airport

Thanks

Mentioned in this post
Bali
Bali
Indonesia
6 replies to this topic
Sydney, Australia
Destination Expert
for Legian
Level Contributor
5,877 posts
157 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Airport to Legian

You would be looking at about 100,000 Rp.

There is a taxi stand at the arrivals area along with money exchange booths.

I would suggest you only exchange what you think you would need until getting to an authorized money changer.

Greater Perth...
Level Contributor
413 posts
22 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Airport to Legian

These days airport to legian is closer to 150k I was there in May this year I offered 120k to a couple of the drivers none were interested. Ended up catching bluebird outside the airport.

Liverpool
Level Contributor
728 posts
21 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Airport to Legian

Thanks for the info

Bandung, Indonesia
Destination Expert
for Bandung
Level Contributor
4,963 posts
821 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Airport to Legian

As mentioned above, taxi from airport to Legian is around Rp100k.

Don't advise exchanging more than necessary at the airport as rates are awful. Perhaps £20 - £30 and then change more at one of the reputable money changers in town. There are 3 or 4 good ones companies that will not rip you off.

Munich, Germany
Destination Expert
for Munich, Bali
Level Contributor
14,249 posts
86 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Airport to Legian

The rates at the Airport aren't that bad but as you are going to Legian you can go to an authorised Money Changer near where you are staying and get a better rate. If you say exactly where you are staying then people can advise on nearest.

www.centralkutabali.com has the most branches. Also www.balibestrate.com and BMC

Last month when I was in Bali the difference between the Airport and "Central Kuta" for the € was IDR250rp which is about 1.5cents or a penny or 1 small beer per €100

This gap can vary a bit though. Seen it normally around IDR400rp. - 1 large beer per €100.

Actually got our best rate one day at the Maybank (just happened to be near Carrefour on Sunset so went in).

Mentioned in this post
Bali
Bali
Indonesia
Kuta
Kuta
Kuta District, Indonesia
Liverpool
Level Contributor
728 posts
21 reviews
Save Reply