We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

29 Year Old Male Traveling to Bali alone June 16-July 18th.

5 posts
1 review
Save Topic
29 Year Old Male Traveling to Bali alone June 16-July 18th.

Hello,

I will be traveling to Bali from June 16-July 18th. I am a young entrepreneur who has an online business and can work from wherever! I got sick of Chicago so I booked a flight to Bali! I was wondering where a good place to meet other like minded individuals? Currently have a place in Canggu for a week that is already booked.

Best!

Ethan

Mentioned in this post
Bali
Bali
Indonesia
Canggu
Canggu
North Kuta, Indonesia
3 replies to this topic
Munich, Germany
Destination Expert
for Munich, Bali
Level Contributor
13,539 posts
86 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: 29 Year Old Male Traveling to Bali alone June 16-July 18th.

Hi Ryan,

What do you class as likeminded individuals? People who have an online business and can work from home or do you have personal interests.

Canggu is surfer dude central, bit of yoga and few of those "looking to find themselves".

Canggu isn't a place it is more an area. Covers 1mile of beach split into 3 different areas by local waterways. What can be half a mile by beach with wet feet can be 1.5miles by road.

Canggu also spreads out over 3miles inland. May seem small distances but everything is spread out. Maybe nothing near your accommodation. Little to no pavements/sidewalks.

Hence no "town centre" as such.

Best to check exact location of anything and don't rely on property description. They can be a bit "economical" with the truth.

Old Mans/Batu Bolong is a good central point iwth a few bars/eateries.

Mentioned in this post
Canggu
Canggu
North Kuta, Indonesia
Old Man's
Old Man's
1,636 Reviews
Canggu, Indonesia
Batu Bolong Beach
Batu Bolong Beach
124 Reviews
Canggu, Indonesia
Beachmere, Australia
Destination Expert
for Ubud
Level Contributor
2,569 posts
166 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: 29 Year Old Male Traveling to Bali alone June 16-July 18th.

Hi Ryan and welcome to the Bali forum. My first reaction to your post is - sort your visa out before arriving in Bali as you are intending to stay for more than the 30 day free visa on arrival allows. You have these options

A. Apply for a 60day tourist visa in your home country, but I think this option is too late for you.

B, Buy a 30 day Visa on arrival which is extendable

C. Not recommended, you can wait to be fined at departure for each day you have overstayed your visa

You will find a whole tribe of "like minded individuals" in Ubud, particularly at the co-working spaces Hubud and Outpost and eating at Alchemy and living in Penestanan.

Enjoy your time away from the 'real' world!

Mentioned in this post
Bali
Bali
Indonesia
Ubud
Ubud
Bali, Indonesia
Perth, Australia
Level Contributor
583 posts
40 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: 29 Year Old Male Traveling to Bali alone June 16-July 18th.

Have a look at Genius Cafe, next door to the Mercure in Sanur.

Mentioned in this post
Genius Cafe
Genius Cafe
399 Reviews
Sanur, Indonesia
Sanur
Sanur
Denpasar, Indonesia
Reply to: 29 Year Old Male Traveling to Bali alone June 16-July 18th.
Get notified by e-mail when a reply is posted