We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

June 16-July 18th

5 posts
1 review
Save Topic
June 16-July 18th

Hello,

I am a solo traveler and have already booked Canggu for the 16-23rd and Ubud from the 23-30th. Any other areas in Bali that are a MUST visit?

A little about myself. I am a 29 year old entrepreneur. Male.

Thanks!

Ethan

9 replies to this topic
Asia
Level Contributor
29 posts
150 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: June 16-July 18th

It really depends on what is your travel interests and style. Perhaps you could give us a little more info to help us advise you better?

As an outdoor enthusiast I personally enjoyed Mt Batur.

5 posts
1 review
Save Reply
2. Re: June 16-July 18th

Yes sorry!

I like outdoor activities. I am already planning to go to Mount Batur! I like good food, excercise, and good company. I dont really like going to ruins or temples but like going on long hikes that provide awesome views!

Munich, Germany
Destination Expert
for Bali
Level Contributor
14,698 posts
86 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: June 16-July 18th

Hi Ryan,

Whilst in Ubud you can also do Whitewater rafting, cycle tours, jungle quad biking. There are some companies who organise downhill MTB around Batur.

Just up around Canggu you can get beach quad bike tours. There are some horse riding treks.

With plenty of time you can get fastboats to Gilis or Nusa Lembongan/Penida.

All fastboats will include free pickup (and dropoff on return) to/from Ubud (sometimes central pickup point) and all major "southern resorts"

Penida has the sights but little tourist infrastructure. Google Crystal Bay, Broken bay, Kelingking beach and Angels Billabong.

Can get flights to LBJ Labuan Bajo on Flores. Can get day trips to Komodo. Can get combined Komodo/snorkeling trips.

coffs harbour...
Destination Expert
for Tulamben, Lovina Beach
Level Contributor
8,932 posts
60 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: June 16-July 18th

Ryan, just checking that you have your visa sorted as you're staying more than 30 days.

5 posts
1 review
Save Reply
5. Re: June 16-July 18th

Yes, i heard when i land in Bali that I there is a visa place where I can go and extend!

coffs harbour...
Destination Expert
Level Contributor
8,932 posts
60 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: June 16-July 18th

So you know about paying on entry? Or better to get a 60 day visa from the local Indonesian consulate before you go. It's cheaper and saves you a few trips to Immigrasi.

5 posts
1 review
Save Reply
7. Re: June 16-July 18th

I heard you just pay $45 and you are good to go!

Mortdale, Australia
Level Contributor
2,319 posts
45 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: June 16-July 18th

If you are one of the visa free countries you get the first 28days free. If you intend on staying longer you must apply..which if doing it in Bali requires at least two visits to the consulate...bit of a process. As Cbimages has said (and she stays for 60 days at a time) you are better off applying in your own country. A little bit of research and not going on hearsay would have told you this.

Alternatively you can hop on a plane to singapore and come back into bali the same day and recieve another 28days...its commonly called a visa run...many do it to avoid overstay fees. Given you only have a few days until you leave you will need to make application at immigrasi or do visa run

Edited: 15 June 2018, 07:17
coffs harbour...
Destination Expert
Level Contributor
8,932 posts
60 reviews
Save Reply
9. Re: June 16-July 18th

Ethan, your information is not correct. And the visa referred to by Gidget above is for 30 days, including the day of arrival and day of departure. You will need ensure that you arrange to extend or do a visa run as suggested. There are so many threads on this forum about visas, it is a shame you didn't take a few minutes to read them before making your plans to travel. Better late than never - use the search bar above.

You'll also need to allow the cost of transport to visit Immigrasi as you will not be located near an office.

The other thing to be aware of it that your airline may not let you board your flight to Bali. As you haven't bothered to complete your forum profile, we don't know where you are from. However I recently read a report that Jetstar in Melbourne would not let a passenger board as her return flight was outside 30 days and they did not agree that she could pay for VOA and extend. They were incorrect, but she had to buy another ticket out of Indonesia before they would allow her to get on the plane.

Edited: 15 June 2018, 08:48
Reply to: June 16-July 18th
Get notified by e-mail when a reply is posted