We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Bali Holiday

London, United...
Level Contributor
8 posts
5 reviews
Save Topic
Bali Holiday

Hi everyone!

I hope you are all well, just wanted to get some advise from my fellow travellers as this will be my first time venturing to Bali.

I have planned to go to Seminyak first for 4 days, then Gili T for 3 and lastly Ubud for 3 days. I am also interested in visiting Kelingking beach in Nusa Penida but not sure if this is feasible. Any advise if I would be able to stick a day trip in to Nusa Penida and where it when best to go during my trip?

Any advise and input would be greatly appreciated.

Thank you!

14 replies to this topic
Manila, Arkansas
Level Contributor
127 posts
8 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Bali Holiday

Hello, May - August is the peak season in Bali. so it will be very crowded with tourists .. But May - August is the best holiday time in bali because the weather is very good.

if you want to travel one day in penida, you can use fast boat directly when you come home from gili trawangan using eka jaya ( https:/… .. then crossing from nusa penida to sanur to get to ubud. kelingking beach is quite near from the harbor, about 1 hours by driving. you can book a driver or scooter in nusa penida to reach Kelingking beach.

London, United...
Level Contributor
8 posts
5 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Bali Holiday

Thank you so much for the reply and info!

Munich
Level Contributor
1,057 posts
41 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Bali Holiday

Hi,

I would suggest listing down what would you like to do and then decide on the places. If pure relaxation, then Ubud, for adventure activities, diving, Gili Is good but Amed / Tulaben followed by Padangbai is excellent. Diving in Gili is more of fishes than corals with much less visibiltiy.

London, United...
Level Contributor
8 posts
5 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Bali Holiday

Thank you so much for the suggestions and input.

London, United...
Level Contributor
8 posts
5 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Bali Holiday

Thank you so much for the suggestions and input.

Munich, Germany
Destination Expert
for Munich, Bali
Level Contributor
14,308 posts
86 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Bali Holiday

Hi fiona,

How many are "you".

You can get good prices for accommodation in May and September. Weather generally good. We got back 2 weeks ago from our usual Bali trip.

Bali doesn't suffer from "Whitsun" holidays like UK/Europe so prices good. Can also get good deals on flights.

Your itinerary works but personally would do it the other way round. Ubud - Gilis - Seminyak

That way closer to Airport at end. Can also do a day trip to Penida but expensive.

UBUD

You should be aware that Ubud is a region as well as a town. Ubud properties can easily be 5miles from town with little to nothing outside. Some properties over 10miles from town take the pi$$ calling themselves Ubud when not even in Ubud region.

Important if you want things walkable and not to have to rely on the Hotel. Many outside properties have free shuttle services to Ubud but these may be limited and often cease around 5/6pm.

In addition if wanting to do day trips somewhere if stuck in an isolated property you may feel "forced" to use their driver and also their activity booking desk.

You can generally get a private driver for the day for IDR600k. That is for the whole van privately to yourself NOT per person. Do/see what you want, stop/eat where you want. Stay as long or short at each sight.

ACTIVITIES

Again best booked at a tourist booth, not online or theough the hotel.

Easy then to haggle for discounts.

In addition ALL activities will include free pickup/dropoffs

FASTBOATS TO/FROM GILIS

www.baliekajaya.com often touted at the tourist booths in Ubud and "southern resorts"

Full price is IDR450k single/IDR900k return but if you book at a tourist booth and haggle you can often get them down to IDR600k return.

They will include free pickup from Ubud (at hotel if in Ubud town) and all major "southern resorts" hotels.

All their Gili services are out of Padangbai. So they will transfer you from Ubud to Padangbai for departure then on return Padangbai to Seminyak.

Padangbai to Gili T is 1h15

GILIS TO PENIDA

Contrary to post #1 you can not go directly to Penida from the Gilis.

In addition the link in post #1 is a booking agent and not Bali Ekajayas own site. www.baliekajaya.com

Also despite looking like there is a route "Bali Ekajaya" don't go directly from Gilis to Lembongan.

There are limited services from Gilis to Lembongan

www.bluewater-express.com and www.scootcruise.com have single services.

PENIDA DAY TRIP

You can get day trips from "southern resorts" and Ubud. Standard West Penida tour includes Crystal Bay, Broken Bay, Kelingking beach and Angels Billabong.

These tours can be very expensve full price around IDR1m and often agents play the minimum "2 Pax" con.

Again you could book these at a tourist booth in Seminyak and haggle.

Depends on how many "you" are but I have heard of people getting the trip for IDR1.2m for 2 people.

London, United...
Level Contributor
8 posts
5 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Bali Holiday

Hi NotaPisty,

Hope your okay at me using your post name!

This is amazing advise and very helpful!

You've basically planned my holiday! Thanks so much as this has helped alot figuring out how to do things!

Munich, Germany
Destination Expert
for Munich, Bali
Level Contributor
14,308 posts
86 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: Bali Holiday

Hi Fiona,

no problem but it is "Pigsty" not "Pisty"

The name used to be Pigitty but due to wonderful "autocorrect' somebody called me Pigsty so I kept it - sort of.

Maybe change it to NotPistYet.

Perth, Australia
Destination Expert
for Cambodia
Level Contributor
22,934 posts
177 reviews
Save Reply
9. Re: Bali Holiday

That’d be me. I still feel bad about that, Nota.

Munich, Germany
Destination Expert
for Munich, Bali
Level Contributor
14,308 posts
86 reviews
Save Reply
10. Re: Bali Holiday

Hi Kat,

shouldn't feel bad about that - it's also given others the opportunity to call me Piggy.

Reply to: Bali Holiday
Get notified by e-mail when a reply is posted