We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Weather

ipswich
2 posts
Save Topic
Weather

Thinking of traveling from the uk to Bali for 3 weeks 18th December till 9th jan.. I know it’s monsoon season but any first hand reviews on how long the rain usually lasts .. is it just a quick hour here and there or long periods of constant rain... I’ve seen mixed reviews on weather sites... I know it’s the same as asking how long is a piece of string but if I can get a rough idea that would be great..

Thank you in advance to anyone that offers advice

Jackie

Mentioned in this post
Bali
Bali
Indonesia
3 replies to this topic
Munich, Germany
Destination Expert
for Munich, Bali
Level Contributor
13,617 posts
86 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Weather

Hi Jane,

Where exactly are you thinking of spending your 3 weeks.

What activities are you thinking of doing. Important in rainy season.

Can be a lot of rain or minimal or just drizzle. This can affect doing certain activities like trekking or whitewater rafting/ jungle quadbiking.

Biggest issue is the seastate. The seastate in rainy season can be bad and this results in a number of issues.

Large amounts of rubbish washed up on the beaches especially around Kuta/Legian/Seminyak area.

Boat services to neighbouring Islands very uncomfortable crossings if not used to choppy seas and high likelihood of cancellations.

Snorkeling/diving also affected.

Mentioned in this post
Kuta
Kuta
Kuta District, Indonesia
Cranbourne...
Level Contributor
7,956 posts
131 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Weather

You have probably chosen the wettest 3 weeks of the year. Usually rain does not ruin your holiday but this time of year is when most reports of lots of rain occur.

Eaton, Australia
Destination Expert
for Broome, Bunbury
Level Contributor
22,457 posts
70 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Weather

We stay often during these weeks and have never found the rain to be so heavy as to cause us much concern. Yes, there are days when it rains all day and perhaps into the night, but we've always seen sunshine all day on some days, or for part of the day. We just change our plans to suit the day, if we were planning on being outdoors. Enjoy...

Reply to: Weather
Get notified by e-mail when a reply is posted
;