We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Borneo (Kota Kinabalu/Sandakan) to Sulawesi (Manado)

Bialystok, Poland
2 posts
Save Topic
Borneo (Kota Kinabalu/Sandakan) to Sulawesi (Manado)

Hi there,

Anyone knows the best cost/benefit trip from North Borneo to North Sulawesi? I'm thinking of flying from Kuala Lumpur to Kuching, make my way up north through Brunei and possibly catch a flight from Kota Kinabalu (Malaysia) to Manado (Indonesia).

So far flight prices are not for the faint of heart as they involve multiple stop-overs in Kuala Lumpur and even Singapore.

I have approximately 1 month in Borneo and then another 2 months in Indonesia, visa allowing.

Cheers for your thoughts.

Gustavo

Malaysia
Level Contributor
9,280 posts
77 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Borneo (Kota Kinabalu/Sandakan) to Sulawesi (Manado)

Goto www.airasia.com

Then book flight from KL to Makassar,at Makassar book a car/or take the domestic flight to Manado.

This would be cheaper.

Return flight from Makassar to KL- Kuching

Bialystok, Poland
2 posts
Save Reply
2. Re: Borneo (Kota Kinabalu/Sandakan) to Sulawesi (Manado)

Seems almost impossible to do this on a month's visa and cheap budget... but I'll have a look into it, thanks for the tip!

3. Re: Borneo (Kota Kinabalu/Sandakan) to Sulawesi (Manado)

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 10 October 2012, 07:18