We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

BACKPACKERS - where to stay in Tokyo and internary advices.

Level Contributor
7 posts
50 reviews
Save Topic
BACKPACKERS - where to stay in Tokyo and internary advices.

Hey.

My friend and I are going to Japan for 18 days this Saturday. We are starting in Tokyo and we are now trying to find a (cheap) hostel in Tokyo. Our problem is that Tokyo is a huuge city and we do not now where to stay. Can any of you recommend somewhere to stay?

As earlier mentioned we are staying in japan for 18 days. We know that we would like to stay in Tokyo for 3-5 days and then also visit: Kyoto, Osaka, Hiroshima, Mt. Fuji and Nara. We bouth got a Japan rail pass. Do any of you have a suggestion for a travel intenary? Where to go first and for how long time? Do any of you have some more suggestions for where we should go?

I'm very sorry for my poor English.

Louise - Denmark.

Mentioned in this post
Tokyo
Tokyo
Tokyo Prefecture, Japan
Kyoto
Kyoto
Kyoto Prefecture, Japan
Osaka
Osaka
Osaka Prefecture, Japan
Hiroshima
Hiroshima
Hiroshima Prefecture, Japan
Mount Fuji
Mount Fuji
1,311 Reviews
Chubu, Japan
Nara
Nara
Nara Prefecture, Japan
Hotel Mume
Hotel Mume
#1 of 430 hotels in Kyoto
Shiraume
Shiraume
#2 of 430 hotels in Kyoto
Club Med Tomamu Hokkaido
Club Med Tomamu Hokkaido
#1 of 8 hotels in Shimukappu-mura
Level Contributor
47 posts
3 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: BACKPACKERS - where to stay in Tokyo and internary advices.

Well, I have the same dilemma too.

Are you travelling light?

Just stay at whichever location you are at. Subways and interchanges have all sorts of accomodation nearby. Hostels/ business hotels/ capsules / manga cafes.

So thats what i'll be doing.

Illinois
Destination Expert
for Chicago, Illinois
Level Contributor
55,311 posts
68 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: BACKPACKERS - where to stay in Tokyo and internary advices.

www.japan-guide.com has suggested itineraries.

3. Re: BACKPACKERS - where to stay in Tokyo and internary advices.

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 30 September 2016, 13:17