We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Itinerary for 3 weeks starting 20th December 2018

Bristol, United...
Level Contributor
33 posts
12 reviews
Save Topic
Itinerary for 3 weeks starting 20th December 2018

Hello everyone,

This is very, very early days in planning for our 3 week trip at the end of the year. We'll be flying into Manila and then literally have made no plans.

We're both 30, love beaches, love getting involved in the cultures of wherever we visit, love nature and just generally love travelling.

The places that jump out at me so far are Boracay, Palawan, Cebu, Bohol and Coron.

Using the above and advising how I'd get from place to place (I know there are internal flights, boats, coaches/minibuses. Would like to spend minimal time travelling), please can you let me know what you think would be best itinerary wise?

If you have any ideas of other places to visit, I'm open to suggestions.

Thanks very much for any input.

3 replies to this topic
melbourne
Level Contributor
2,039 posts
61 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Itinerary for 3 weeks starting 20th December 2018

Palawan & Cebu are both long, narrow island/provinces with many appealing destinations & attractions which are often separated by long distances. Coron is part of Palawan. Boracay is a small island. Bohol is a more compact island/province with many attractions, many of which can be accessed from some of the more popular destinations there.

If you can do a little more research about which destinations & attractions interest you most, and then ask more specific questions, then you will get much better information from these forums.

Edited: 18 January 2018, 19:44
Birmingham, United...
Level Contributor
2,055 posts
33 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Itinerary for 3 weeks starting 20th December 2018

The most economical way would be to do either Coron (Palawan) or Boracay first or last and make sure Cebu & Bohol are in the middle of the trip.

For example....

Manila > Boracay > Cebu > Bohol > El Nido (via Cebu and maybe Puerto Princesa) > Coron > Manila

Every leg is a flight apart from Cebu to Bohol and El Nido to Coron which are sea crossings. If you were to visit Puerto Princesa in Palawan a trip overland would be required to get to El Nido.

You can fly to both Puerto Princesa and El Nido from Cebu but the latter is more expensive.

Bristol, United...
Level Contributor
33 posts
12 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Itinerary for 3 weeks starting 20th December 2018

Thank you for your comments.

Still very early days! Just wanting to get an idea on peoples thoughts :)

Reply to: Itinerary for 3 weeks starting 20th December 2018
Get notified by e-mail when a reply is posted