We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Beach Destination for relaxation needed!

C W
Vancouver
Level Contributor
559 posts
4 reviews
Save Topic
Beach Destination for relaxation needed!

Hi there!

Just in beginnign stages of planning this vacation... We(2 20something female friends) will be spending 3 weeks touring around Thailand, and decided we wanted a different country & perfect beach locale for an additional 10 days or so afterwards. We will be travelling in March 2013. We are on a backpackers budget, and looking for inexpensive food/drink/beach bungalow or hut style holiday.

No idea where to begin my research! Can anyone point me in the right direction to our beach paradise ? :)

THANKS!

clare,ireland
Level Contributor
5,334 posts
Save Reply
1. Re: Beach Destination for relaxation needed!

Top questions about PHILIPPINES

What are the BEST BEACHES, ISLANDS and RESORTS in the Philippines you would have to give some idea of what your budget is because march is high season ,are ye flying into manila or cebu?.

C W
Vancouver
Level Contributor
559 posts
4 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Beach Destination for relaxation needed!

I will check there thanks.

Flying into Manila, and our budget for accomodation would be about $30USD/night?

Singapore, Singapore
Destination Expert
for Philippines
Level Contributor
11,730 posts
337 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Beach Destination for relaxation needed!

Boracay will suit you but as for accommodation, you will really need to try your luck. Some sub-P1000 accommodation do not have internet booking so you will have to walk-in to try your luck.

March is considered quite-peak season so it will be a little bit tricky.

Alternatively try Panglao Island / Coron / El Nido. They are good too just thatthe part scene is not as great as Boracay.

C W
Vancouver
Level Contributor
559 posts
4 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Beach Destination for relaxation needed!

I think after doing a bit more research, we are pretty set on Boracay. Are the properties in our budget few & far between for high season? What do you think we would have to stretch the budget to?

Singapore, Singapore
Destination Expert
for Philippines
Level Contributor
11,730 posts
337 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Beach Destination for relaxation needed!

You may want to look at Dave's Straw Inn.

http://www.davesstrawhatinn.com/page5.php

You will really need to stretch your budget. Else try White Beach Divers. They have P500 per room but they only accept walk-in.

boracay
Level Contributor
9,316 posts
12 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Beach Destination for relaxation needed!

If you decide on Boracay, it needn't be expensive. Ask your trike driver to take you to Angol, drop off at the bottom of Angol road. There are many places around P500 per night, and don't forget to bargain the price. Start with LM Resort and if that doesn't suit, have a look around the area of Dave's and Orchid's Resort - there are lots of little places. Try also Roy's, Melinda's Garden and Moreno's. Ocean Breeze is a little more expensive but very nice.

San Juan...
Level Contributor
233 posts
29 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Beach Destination for relaxation needed!

What about Frendz Boracay? its Tripadvisors recommended hotels in boracay for backpackers

http://www.frendzresortboracay.com/

Oslo, Norway
Level Contributor
15,348 posts
154 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: Beach Destination for relaxation needed!

$30 is about P1250 pesos in today's exchange rate. for Boracay, Station 3 area as noted, up behind Arwana has many possibilities for the budget. Walk in guests always seem to get a better rate. Casa Pilar Beach Resort, and Morning Beach Resort, are options in station 3 area.

Edited: 04 May 2012, 10:33
C W
Vancouver
Level Contributor
559 posts
4 reviews
Save Reply
9. Re: Beach Destination for relaxation needed!

Wow these are all great suggestions, thank you very much !! I will check into all the places mentioned!

Dauin
10 posts
Save Reply
10. Re: Beach Destination for relaxation needed!

Boracay, especially during the high season is crowded.if you are not especially looking for party and a crowded beach I would not go there. The Philippines have so much more to offer than that. i really enjoyed Negros, especially Sipalay but also Dauin and Apo Island. If you are a diver you definitely should not miss out on Apo. It is amazing. I just recently discovered this website which gives a pretty good insight. They even show prices and are very much focused on backpackers. The pictures are great! Check it our, maybe that makes your decision easier!?

http://www.travellingthephilippines.com

Have fun and enjoy the Philippines