We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Getting from Singapore to Boracay

Which Boracay hotels are on sale?
dd/mm/yyyy dd/mm/yyyy
See hotels
singapore
Level Contributor
96 posts
Save Topic
Getting from Singapore to Boracay

Hi TA,

How do I get to Boracay from Singapore? Should i fly in to Manila (NAIA) or Manila - Clark (DMIA)??

Thanks all!

Manila, Philippines
Level Contributor
452 posts
76 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Getting from Singapore to Boracay

I suggest you fly into Manila where you have more options both for the flight from Singapore as well as the flight on to Caticlan/Boracay. Via Cebu is also possible but with much less flight options.

Edited: 21 March 2011, 16:18
Oslo, Norway
Level Contributor
15,203 posts
149 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Getting from Singapore to Boracay

Cebu Pacific..check flight details for Kalibo....or Caticlan....

Luzon, Philippines
Destination Expert
for Philippines, Bandar Seri Begawan
Level Contributor
16,752 posts
248 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Getting from Singapore to Boracay

I would only suggest flying to Manila. Tiger Airways, Jetstar, AirPhil Express and Cebu Pacific are budget carriers going to Manila from Singapore. There are more than 40 daily flights going to Kalibo and Caticlan from Manila unlike Clark which is just 1x daily and Cebu 3x daily.

singapore
Level Contributor
96 posts
Save Reply
4. Re: Getting from Singapore to Boracay

Thanks Guys! (:

Appreciate it!

Luzon, Philippines
Destination Expert
Level Contributor
16,752 posts
248 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Getting from Singapore to Boracay

You're welcome.

Save Reply
6. Re: Getting from Singapore to Boracay

I have a few qus. Is kalibo and caticlan the same place?

And after i reach kalibo/caticlan, must i take a boat or bus in?

clare,ireland
Level Contributor
5,334 posts
Save Reply
7. Re: Getting from Singapore to Boracay

not the same place -use google for more info or read the Top questions about BORACAY on right side of page Getting to Boracay Island from the nearest airport. Discussion on Transfers.

philippines
Destination Expert
for Cebu City, Philippines, Cebu Island
Level Contributor
4,068 posts
548 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: Getting from Singapore to Boracay

The Caticlan airport is right to the harbor where you will ride a boat to Boracay. There are buses, trikes that you can use 5 minutes or less through narrow streets, or you can walk. Kalibo airport however, is around a 90 minute ride to the same harbor. The difference is that the Kalibo airport's runway is long and accomodates airbus jet planes, while Caticlan is a short runway and accomodates small propeller planes (and some small jet planes). Expect a lot of crosswind when landing at Caticlan. I am now in Boracay and landed in Caticlan last December 26. Wow, a strong crosswind and the plane bounced 3 times before landing firmly on the runway.

Luzon, Philippines
Destination Expert
Level Contributor
16,752 posts
248 reviews
Save Reply
9. Re: Getting from Singapore to Boracay

Wikitravel has the answer:

<<<Caticlan or Godofredo P. Ramos Airport (IATA: MPH) (ICAO: RPVE) - Only small body aircrafts could land in this airport. Airlines with flights to and from Caticlan are South East Asian Airlines(SEAIR), Cebu Pacific Air and Air Philippines from Manila, Cebu and Clark. From the Caticlan airport, you can either take a tricycle (PhP 40.00) or walk (10 minutes) to Caticlan Jetty Port.

Kalibo International Airport (IATA: KLO) (ICAO: RPVK) - Compared to Caticlan's airport, the runway is able to hold aircrafts such as Boeing 737 and Airbus A320 however it is farther from Caticlan's jetty port which is 90 minutes away. Cebu Pacific Air, China Airlines, Philippine Airlines and Zest Airways connects Kalibo to Manila, Taipei, Shanghai and Seoul. There are minivans, vans, coasters and buses that serve travellers between Kalibo International Aiport and Caticlan Jetty Port. Be sure to ask if your ticket includes a ferry to Boracay (₱200 for a van and ferry), and how much the additional environmental taxes will be (a total of ₱125 on top of your tickets).>>>

Sydney, Australia
Level Contributor
183 posts
65 reviews
Save Reply
10. Re: Getting from Singapore to Boracay

It is also possible to fly tiger air Singapore to cebu, then fly Cebu to Caticlan with Airphil express. I found that a cheaper alternative than flying Singapore to manila.