We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

VFTF for Indian Passport Holder in transit.

Melbourne, Australia
3 posts
Save Topic
VFTF for Indian Passport Holder in transit.

Hi All,

I am an Indian passport holder and currently on 2 year deputation in Melbourne, Australia since March'16. I will be traveling back to India for a month to attend a family function in Feb 2017.

During my onward journey to India from Australia, I wish to have a 2 to 3 days causal stay in Singapore. I came across a section in ICA website on VFTF for Indian Passport holder (below is the link). I think I fulfill all conditions as;

1. I am a holder of Indian passport (Passport Validity till 2023).

2. I am on 4 year Australia work permit (valid till Feb'2020)

3. I will be traveling to India (Australia - Singapore- India)

4. Period of stay in Singapore will be 48-72 hours only.

5. I will have a valid onward journey ticket i.e. from Singapore to India.

6. My return journey from India to Australia will be through Malaysia.

https://www.ica.gov.sg/page.aspx?pageid=96

It will be great if someone can confirm on above so that I don't apply for a tourist VISA for Singapore and be assure of entry to Singapore if I meet all about points.

Thanks,

Jayant

Indie Singapore
Sightseeing Tours, Walking Tours, Food Tours, Night Tours, Private Tours
Let's Go
Sightseeing Tours, Walking Tours, Food Tours, Bike Tours, Private Tours
Monster Day Tours
Walking Tours, Night Tours, Sightseeing Tours, Private Tours, Food Tours
Duck & Hippo
City Tours, Walking Tours, Boat Tours, Hop-On Hop-Off Tours, Sightseeing Tours
29 replies to this topic
Singapore, Singapore
Level Contributor
11,010 posts
24 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: VFTF for Indian Passport Holder in transit.

I had reply Ur Questions here:

https://www.tripadvisor.com.sg/ShowTopic-g29…

NO one here can confirm if U will get the the VFTF - Only the ICA can

So if U want confirmation, U write to ICA & ask them for 1.

Cos no one here is the Official (we are just volunteer) know if U had done anything illegal or criminal before; which might make ICA reject ur application.

And every Pax had a different experience with getting the VFTF.

Good Luck

Edited: 13 December 2016, 13:43
Melbourne, Australia
3 posts
Save Reply
2. Re: VFTF for Indian Passport Holder in transit.

Thanks for your comments,

Actually there is a bit of confusion on VFTF, no body is able to confirm (I called ICA customer care as well). I wish to be sure that I am not denied entry as I would have hotels etc books in advance.

It will be great if someone who have recent experience can share there comments.

Regards

Jayant

Kuala Lumpur...
Destination Expert
for Malaysia, Kuala Lumpur, Singapore, Singapore
Level Contributor
4,931 posts
3 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: VFTF for Indian Passport Holder in transit.

IMO the ICA webpage had set out quite clearly about the conditions of using the Visa Free Transit Facility (VFTF).

Based on what you have told us (passport valid more than six months, valid Australian visa, arriving and departing by air, in transit to a third country and not using the VFTF more than once in a return journey, onward air ticket within 96 hours), you appear to be eligible for the VFTF.

However, nobody can guarantee that you'll be able to enter. In fact, the ICA people on the phone can't either, as the immigration officer at the border has the final say. You are never guaranteed entry to any country (even with a visa), other than your own.

Edited: 13 December 2016, 14:50
Cambridge, United...
Destination Expert
for Singapore, Singapore
Level Contributor
9,151 posts
18 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: VFTF for Indian Passport Holder in transit.

<<Actually there is a bit of confusion on VFTF, no body is able to confirm>>

No, there is no confusion at all. No-one can confirm it except the officer on the desk on the day.

<< (I called ICA customer care as well). I wish to be sure that I am not denied entry as I would have hotels etc books in advance>>

You do understand that this would be the same if you had a visa, or a passport from a visa free country? It is in the small print in various places on the ICA website. No-one can or will guarantee you entry in advance of arrival. This is true for immigration in any country that I am aware of.

The best anyone can say before you drop your passport on the immigration desk is that you meet the criteria as written and so should get in - which is the same basis as thousands of people a day who enter successfully.

Jakarta
Destination Expert
for Jakarta, Bandung, Singapore, Java, Singapore
Level Contributor
55,176 posts
107 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: VFTF for Indian Passport Holder in transit.

If my voice counts as * confirmation * than YES - Jayant S, you are eligible fo VFTF as per the travel details provided in the OP.

Singapore, Singapore
Level Contributor
20 posts
38 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: VFTF for Indian Passport Holder in transit.

You should be ok mate but no one can tell you for *sure* about the visa.

Mumbai, India
Level Contributor
1 post
5 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: VFTF for Indian Passport Holder in transit.

Hi,

Were you able to avail of the VFTF facility? I am in a similar position and wanted information on availing the VFTF.

Jakarta
Destination Expert
for Jakarta, Bandung, Singapore, Java, Singapore
Level Contributor
55,176 posts
107 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: VFTF for Indian Passport Holder in transit.

Hi,

If you have a personal question to a member ( not the whole forum) you can use PM function that is available if you click on member's avatar. "Send message" will be seen in the top left section of the profile below the avatar picture.

Kuala Lumpur...
Destination Expert
for Malaysia, Kuala Lumpur, Singapore, Singapore
Level Contributor
4,931 posts
3 reviews
Save Reply
9. Re: VFTF for Indian Passport Holder in transit.

Ayeshapinto,

Information about the Visa Free Transit Facility (VFTF) can be found on the official Immigration & Checkpoints Authority (ICA) website. The link is in the OP.

Singapore, Singapore
Level Contributor
2,049 posts
278 reviews
Save Reply
10. Re: VFTF for Indian Passport Holder in transit.

Ayeshapinto and Jayant S

Immigration matter best seek ICA Singapore website, TA members would not be able to say 100% SURE you will be granted the VFTF. It is all up to the officer at the passport control.

And Ayeshapinto, good to start your own tread in future

Reply to: VFTF for Indian Passport Holder in transit.
Get notified by e-mail when a reply is posted