We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

VFTF for Indian Passport Holder in transit.

Melbourne, Australia
3 posts
Save Topic
VFTF for Indian Passport Holder in transit.

Hi All,

I am an Indian passport holder and currently on 2 year deputation in Melbourne, Australia since March'16. I will be traveling back to India for a month to attend a family function in Feb 2017.

During my onward journey to India from Australia, I wish to have a 2 to 3 days causal stay in Singapore. I came across a section in ICA website on VFTF for Indian Passport holder (below is the link). I think I fulfill all conditions as;

1. I am a holder of Indian passport (Passport Validity till 2023).

2. I am on 4 year Australia work permit (valid till Feb'2020)

3. I will be traveling to India (Australia - Singapore- India)

4. Period of stay in Singapore will be 48-72 hours only.

5. I will have a valid onward journey ticket i.e. from Singapore to India.

6. My return journey from India to Australia will be through Malaysia.

https://www.ica.gov.sg/page.aspx?pageid=96

It will be great if someone can confirm on above so that I don't apply for a tourist VISA for Singapore and be assure of entry to Singapore if I meet all about points.

Thanks,

Jayant

Indie Singapore
Sightseeing Tours, Walking Tours, Food Tours, Night Tours, Private Tours
Let's Go
Sightseeing Tours, Walking Tours, Food Tours, Bike Tours, Private Tours
Monster Day Tours
Walking Tours, Night Tours, Sightseeing Tours, Private Tours, Food Tours
Duck & Hippo
City Tours, Walking Tours, Boat Tours, Hop-On Hop-Off Tours, Sightseeing Tours
29 replies to this topic
London, United...
Level Contributor
5 posts
2 reviews
Save Reply
21. Re: VFTF for Indian Passport Holder in transit.

josh_jxc: Thank you so much! Exactly my thoughts (and boosts my confidence to get it seconded, even though I appreciate the final decision is of the ICA officer's at the desk...) and I have already printed out the necessary to convince airlines' staff and justify with immigration officers...

London, United...
Level Contributor
5 posts
2 reviews
Save Reply
22. Re: VFTF for Indian Passport Holder in transit.

josh_jxc: Thanks a tonne for the link too. Just went through all the posts and this guy did get into Singapore. Great!

Ajmer, India
1 post
Save Reply
23. Re: VFTF for Indian Passport Holder in transit.

i am a indian passport holder i have chinese visa and have planned to go to guangzhou , the travel journey includes layer over time in singapore for 30 hours (flight change ) .

i would like to know can i get VFTF , OR in simple language i would like to know that can i go outside the airport and explore the city in that duration .

jaideep sharma

Kuala Lumpur...
Destination Expert
for Malaysia, Kuala Lumpur, Singapore, Singapore
Level Contributor
4,931 posts
3 reviews
Save Reply
24. Re: VFTF for Indian Passport Holder in transit.

jaideep732, have you read the VFTF conditions on the ICA website?

https:/…enteranddeparting_before_vftf

In order to qualify for VFTF you must have a visa from one of these countries: Australia, Canada, Germany, Japan, New Zealand, Switzerland, United Kingdom, United States of America.

A Chinese visa does not qualify for the VFTF.

Are your flights booked on the same ticket (one PNR), or are they booked separately (different PNRs)? You will need a Singapore visa if your flights are on separate tickets.

Jakarta
Destination Expert
for Jakarta, Bandung, Singapore, Java, Singapore
Level Contributor
55,176 posts
107 reviews
Save Reply
25. Re: VFTF for Indian Passport Holder in transit.

@jaideep732

In plain words: no you can not enter singapore with Chinese visa.

London, United...
Level Contributor
5 posts
2 reviews
Save Reply
26. Re: VFTF for Indian Passport Holder in transit.

You should not need a visa. I have a 10 year US visa. I did a brief holiday to Hong Kong & Singapore - 3 nights in each (from India and back). It was just at the Hong Kong airport that I spent about 10 mins explaining that I will be eligible for VFTF (I was there for about 86ish hours) before i was given a boarding pass. I had the print outs of the relevant ica pages. No questions asked at Changi. Passport just got stamped with a 4 days' permit.

Kuala Lumpur...
Destination Expert
for Malaysia, Kuala Lumpur, Singapore, Singapore
Level Contributor
4,931 posts
3 reviews
Save Reply
27. Re: VFTF for Indian Passport Holder in transit.

@ArpitaDe, your situation is different from Jaideep. You have a US visa which qualifies for VFTF. Jaideep on the other hand didn't say whether he has a visa that qualifies for VFTF. China is not among the listed visa countries for VFTF.

Jakarta
Destination Expert
for Jakarta, Bandung, Singapore, Java, Singapore
Level Contributor
55,176 posts
107 reviews
Save Reply
28. Re: VFTF for Indian Passport Holder in transit.

@ArpitaDe,

Please do not confuse the poster with incorrect Info. Your Travel details and visas in your passport are a completely different matter. The poster above you does not have US visa.

Cambridge, United...
Destination Expert
for Singapore, Singapore
Level Contributor
9,151 posts
18 reviews
Save Reply
29. Re: VFTF for Indian Passport Holder in transit.

<<You should not need a visa. I have a 10 year US visa>>

On the information given by jaideep this reply is wrong. They are an Indian passport holder, the only other visa mentioned is a Chinese one, not one of the 8 that might allow for a VFTF...ergo as things stand they are in a category that will need a visa to enter Singapore, so they should need one.

Reply to: VFTF for Indian Passport Holder in transit.
Get notified by e-mail when a reply is posted