We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Terminal 1 to Terminal 3 Changi Airport-short layover???

Perth, Australia
Level Contributor
69 posts
94 reviews
Save Topic
Terminal 1 to Terminal 3 Changi Airport-short layover???

Hi,

We are flying Singapore Airlines from Perth to London via Singapore. We have a 50 minute layover, assuming the plane leaves Perth on time. It doesn't seem like enough time so I would really appreciate anyone who has done this or would know if it can be done! Clearly the airline thinks it can but I'm a bit worried! Thanks in advance:)

19 replies to this topic
Singapore, null...
Level Contributor
644 posts
2 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Terminal 1 to Terminal 3 Changi Airport-short layover???

The key question is whether you are on a single ticket/PNR?

If single ticket 50 minutes layover is no problem even with a terminal change, the airport is just one big building really it takes about 5-10mins to move between the terminals. But Singapore Airlines arrives at T2 or T3 not T1.

Perth, Australia
Level Contributor
69 posts
94 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Terminal 1 to Terminal 3 Changi Airport-short layover???

Thanks so much for your reply! Yes, my mistake, T1 is departing Perth. Actually, our tickets don;t say which terminal it flies into. It is fully booked with Sing Air. Hope it leaves Perth on time!

Jakarta
Destination Expert
for Jakarta, Bandung, Singapore, Java
Level Contributor
52,499 posts
102 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Terminal 1 to Terminal 3 Changi Airport-short layover???

tomandsallyCB, hi

Have no worry. With SQ on both legs and single pnr you are in good hands, even 15 min connection will be doable in your case. Your luggage will be tagged to the final destination. All you have to do in Singapore is proceeding to the gate. Check the electronic tableau.

Perth, Australia
Level Contributor
69 posts
94 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Terminal 1 to Terminal 3 Changi Airport-short layover???

Thank you so much:) I feel a lot better now! Time in London is limited for us, so I'd hate to lose any days because of a connection!

Jakarta
Destination Expert
for Jakarta, Bandung, Singapore, Java
Level Contributor
52,499 posts
102 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Terminal 1 to Terminal 3 Changi Airport-short layover???

You are welcome! And safe travels.

Cambridge, United...
Destination Expert
for Singapore
Level Contributor
8,670 posts
18 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Terminal 1 to Terminal 3 Changi Airport-short layover???

SQ to SQ has a minimum connect time of 45mins. Just looked at todays arrivals at Changi and SQ224 came in at T3, SQ226 came in at T2

Either of those your flight. A T2 to T3 connect will be something of a run Im afraid but they should have ground staff to hello you....talk to the FAs before landing and they might get you and other short timers off faster if they can, or direct you to ground staff if they cannot. You will be able to get your gate listing from the in flight screen before landing so that will help. Do look at the airport maps, for the Skytrain and get on it asap.

T3 to T3 will be a bustle but less so. If you happen to come in on an A380 and go out on one its likely they will be in the same gate holding pen - A1-4 which means its about 25meters to go and thats the best cas scenario.

What time does the LHR flight leave Singapore.....there are four flights a day to LHR and they will get you on the next one with spare seats. That could be an hour or two later or more like 6-8 depending on which times you are looking at.

Edited: 11 February 2017, 18:38
Perth, Australia
Level Contributor
69 posts
94 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Terminal 1 to Terminal 3 Changi Airport-short layover???

Hi. Thank you so much for helping! Our flight into Singapore is SQ224 arriving at 11-45am and then we leave for London at 12-35 from Terminal 3. Hopefully then, it ill be a bit quicker to get to the flight if we land at T3 too. Thank you all. SO much appreciated:)

Sunshine Coast
Level Contributor
4 posts
4 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: Terminal 1 to Terminal 3 Changi Airport-short layover???

Hi tomandsallyCB,

Have you done your flight yet? If so I hope you've had a great trip. We have the same scenario in a week flying from Brisbane to London via Singapore on SQ266 and SQ306. Did Singapore Air staff meet you and help you through? I'm really hoping this is the case. I'm planning on speaking to a flight attendant when we board, so hopefully all will be fine.

Thanks in advance for any help you can give.

Singapore, Singapore
Destination Expert
for Singapore
Level Contributor
6,028 posts
19 reviews
Save Reply
9. Re: Terminal 1 to Terminal 3 Changi Airport-short layover???

Rimel55, if both segments are booked under one ticket, you shouldn't have a problem.

Singapore, Singapore
Destination Expert
for Singapore
Level Contributor
6,028 posts
19 reviews
Save Reply
10. Re: Terminal 1 to Terminal 3 Changi Airport-short layover???

Familiarise yourself with the layout.

changiairport.com/en/transport/transfer-betw…

Reply to: Terminal 1 to Terminal 3 Changi Airport-short layover???
Get notified by e-mail when a reply is posted