We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Terminal 1 to Terminal 3 Changi Airport-short layover???

Perth, Australia
Level Contributor
69 posts
94 reviews
Save Topic
Terminal 1 to Terminal 3 Changi Airport-short layover???

Hi,

We are flying Singapore Airlines from Perth to London via Singapore. We have a 50 minute layover, assuming the plane leaves Perth on time. It doesn't seem like enough time so I would really appreciate anyone who has done this or would know if it can be done! Clearly the airline thinks it can but I'm a bit worried! Thanks in advance:)

19 replies to this topic
Perth, Australia
Level Contributor
69 posts
94 reviews
Save Reply
11. Re: Terminal 1 to Terminal 3 Changi Airport-short layover???

Hi. No we haven't done the flight yet but with so many replies saying we should be fine and since the airline has scheduled it that way, I'm feeling a bit better about it! Good luck for you too!!! Have a wonderful trip-Let us know how you get on because our flight is still a while away.

Edited: 19 March 2017, 12:59
Sunshine Coast
Level Contributor
4 posts
4 reviews
Save Reply
12. Re: Terminal 1 to Terminal 3 Changi Airport-short layover???

Thanks minxbaby. Yes, we are on the one ticket. So all should be good.

Sunshine Coast
Level Contributor
4 posts
4 reviews
Save Reply
13. Re: Terminal 1 to Terminal 3 Changi Airport-short layover???

Thanks. I'm feeling less worried after all the replies here. I'll let you know in a week or so.

Jakarta
Destination Expert
for Jakarta, Bandung, Singapore, Java
Level Contributor
52,499 posts
102 reviews
Save Reply
14. Re: Terminal 1 to Terminal 3 Changi Airport-short layover???

Single PNR booking often simplifies the connection formalities.

Luzon, Philippines
Destination Expert
for Philippines, Bandar Seri Begawan
Level Contributor
17,822 posts
251 reviews
Save Reply
15. Re: Terminal 1 to Terminal 3 Changi Airport-short layover???

I have done at 70-minute connection with SQ and we arrived about 30 minutes late and the aircraft took forever to taxi to our gate. When I deplaned there was an SQ staff waiting with my name displayed on a piece of paper so I approached her and she whisked me away to T3 using an electric buggy. I made my flight, but my luggage didn't and it was delivered to my hotel the next day. So I suggest that you have at least a day's worth of clothes in your hand carry just in case.

Perth, Australia
Level Contributor
69 posts
94 reviews
Save Reply
16. Re: Terminal 1 to Terminal 3 Changi Airport-short layover???

That's actually really helpful! Thanks so much for the advice:)

Cambridge, United...
Destination Expert
for Singapore
Level Contributor
8,670 posts
18 reviews
Save Reply
17. Re: Terminal 1 to Terminal 3 Changi Airport-short layover???

I too would advocate some thought to worst case scenarios. So spare clothes, plans as to what to do if you need to wait for the next plane etc.

The 50min connection is pretty much at the minimum connection time, which means you should be able to make it but there is essentially zero tolerance in the transfer. Unless you do get the A380 to A380 across the lobby transfer, which is the easy option, then there can be no 'I'll just stop for the loo' or I'll just amble. You will need to shift. Keep an eye on the In flight Entertainment screen as it will tell you ongoing gates etc.

Sunshine Coast
Level Contributor
4 posts
4 reviews
Save Reply
18. Re: Terminal 1 to Terminal 3 Changi Airport-short layover???

Good to know. I usually have clothes, pills ect for a day, but this time I'll add a bit more in case. Thanks.

Perth, Australia
Level Contributor
69 posts
94 reviews
Save Reply
19. Re: Terminal 1 to Terminal 3 Changi Airport-short layover???

And so will we! Thanks everyone:)

Reply to: Terminal 1 to Terminal 3 Changi Airport-short layover???
Get notified by e-mail when a reply is posted