We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Itinerary advice 4D first time visit

Level Contributor
38 posts
Save Topic
Itinerary advice 4D first time visit

Hi,

We are traveling to Singapore on 24th March on an overnight flight. Family of 6- 2 kids aged 9 and 2.5 years, parents aged 71 and 62 and us. Have made a rough itinerary. Would greatly appreciate any comments and advice to improve it. We are staying at Hotel Royal@Queens.

25th: landing in the morning by 7am. Rest in the morning. Late afternoon GBTB, 2 domes, Light show, Singapore Flyer & dinner (Gluttons by the Bay?)

26th: Singapore Zoo

River Safari

Anything else here?

27th: USS

SEA

Trick eye museum

Dinner at Vivocity?

(We're not the rides kind of people. So hope to finish USS really fast. Mainly doing this for the 9 year old.We may do only one or two rides at the max. )

28th: Merlion park

Chinatown

Bugis

Mustafa (souvenir shopping)

29th: Flight to Bali

How does this look? Can I add the science Centre on the last day? Could you suggest some good food centers for dinner based on this itinerary?

Will be grateful for any advice.

35 replies to this topic
Cambridge, United...
Destination Expert
for Singapore
Level Contributor
7,568 posts
18 reviews
Save Reply
31. Re: Itinerary advice 4D first time visit

I would suggest that you keep the Night Safari dropped, at least in terms of being at the end of the Zoo and RIver Safari day.... I used to nip to the Zoo all the time for a half day when my parents were living out there because I could easily return if tired and I went many times in a short space of time and so no individual visit had a huge drive to see the place fully. I never do that these days as a less frequent tourist visitor.

The Zoo for a visitor to see properly is going to take the day - add the River Safari and you need to start early, go throughout the day and move to the River Safari at the end of the Zoo to run on from there - a few hours there and you have no break before the Night Safari, and tiredness can wreck the Night Safari.

Full day outside (10-12hours in the open) followed by the 4hours of the Night Safari going potentially from before 9am to after 11pm is a long long day. Even if you go slowly enough and hydrate well enough so as not to be over tired and get round (adults, seniors and kids) you are still staring at a LOT of animal related material and overload becomes a possible issue. I am hugely enthusiastic for these places but still the thought of all that in one day does not appeal at an intellectual level of seeing it en masse, quite apart from the issues of physically doing it.

Not a good reason for cobbling it all together to take advantages of being out at Mandai and doing it all in one go (fare saving, convenience, block grouping etc), not from my perspective anyway.

Level Contributor
38 posts
Save Reply
32. Re: Itinerary advice 4D first time visit

Yeah myrm....The other option was to do the river and night safari and drop the zoo...And keep my morning relatively free ...Would that be better do you think ?

Singapore
Level Contributor
426 posts
121 reviews
Save Reply
33. Re: Itinerary advice 4D first time visit

Uber prices can vary because of their surge charges but gothere will give you an approximation of a normal cab. say maybe estimate 15-20% more for UberXL?

also if paying Uber with credit card they charge in foreign dollars so you do have to pay forex fees.

i'm also not sure how easy it would be to get UberXL but i know at the zoo there are sometimes bigger taxis waiting. you can also book a 7 seater maxicab.

Singapore, Singapore
Level Contributor
7 posts
4 reviews
Save Reply
34. Re: Itinerary advice 4D first time visit

Hmm I'm not sure about UberXL. But for some of the places, you might want to consider public transport. There is a Singapore Tourist pass that can be purchased. It offers tourist unlimited travel on Singapore’s basic bus services, MRT and LRT trains for the duration that it is valid. Singapore is very well connected by public transport. As for attractions, you can check out this site called "weekendgowhere.sg", they offer good discounted rates for attractions. Many other sites also offer great discounted rates for attractions. For 27th, if you like you can bring your little ones to this new awesome attraction called "kidzania" where I'm sure they will have a fun time.

Singapore, Singapore
Level Contributor
2,535 posts
20 reviews
Save Reply
35. Re: Itinerary advice 4D first time visit

Sim K, OP's itinerary does not justify getting a Tourist Pass.

Reply to: Itinerary advice 4D first time visit
Get notified by e-mail when a reply is posted