We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Planning to visit Singapore and explore within budget

Bengaluru, India
Level Contributor
9 posts
5 reviews
Save Topic
Planning to visit Singapore and explore within budget

Hi all,

We are not satisified with the package what the travel agents provided us .So we are planning to visit and explore ourselves in singapore.

Me ,my husband and daughter of 8 years are travelling.

Please suggest us the budget hotel which will be near to us to visit all places .

It would be helpful if you can suggest me the itinerary too.

Thanks

C

24 replies to this topic
Cambridge, United...
Destination Expert
for Singapore
Level Contributor
8,670 posts
18 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Planning to visit Singapore and explore within budget

'the budget hotel' is unfortunately not a workable description. Please give an actual budget that people can make suggestions to (and in SGD only please - that's the only currency everyone here can work in).

Singapore is small - either everything is nearby pretty much all hotels or no hotel is near everything depending on how you start to define distances.

It is more important to have an idea of what you plan to see, how much time you have to see it and what amenities you need near the hotel within walking distance and a what transport connectivity there is rather than trying to define the hotel closest to the most attractions. If a few happen to be near the hotel you end up choosing that is a bonus.

We do not make itineraries for people - this is a community of individuals who talk about travel, not a travel service and it is expected that individuals do their own research - both because it is their part of the social contract here and because it is necessary to get an individual's input into their preferences to end up with anything sensible.

Please search the forums for other itineraries to get an idea of how people construct things, look at the Top Questions by the side of the forum threads that list attractions in various ways and also look at www.yoursingapore.com for an idea of the attractions and their locations.

Singapore, Singapore
Destination Expert
for Singapore
Level Contributor
6,028 posts
19 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Planning to visit Singapore and explore within budget

Congrats on making the decision to plan your tour to Singapore yourself. When you enquire with your travel agents, did they provide you with an itinerary? Maybe you can use that as a starting point and adapt it. There are many links on your right under "Top Questions About Singapore" that can help you research what you want to see and do in Singapore. If you are on a mobile browser, scroll to the bottom and click "full site". TA forum is a community forum made up of individual travellers like yourself and once you have a rough draft of your itinerary, you can post it here for comments and advice to finetune it.

Singapore is compact and connected by an efficient rail network and public buses so getting around is not really an issue. Pls indicate your budget per room per night in SGD for more specific hotel suggestions as everyone has their own idea of what is "budget".

Bengaluru, India
Level Contributor
9 posts
5 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Planning to visit Singapore and explore within budget

Thank you for the response .

Sorry I did not make it clear in my question.

We are planning for 4 nights stay

Budget I mean to say s$100/night for stay .

What we have in mind is

Night safari(day1)

Halfday singapore tour and other half day Sentosa(Day2)

USS and not sure what we can cover rest of the day we are not much into rides .

Jurong Bird Park ,Gardens By The Bay(Day 4)

Day5 shopping in chinatown,bugis and catch the flight to Bangalore

Transportation I am really not aware how it works there?

If the hotel is near to any shopping mall that would be good so at night we can spend their and shop something .

Please advise.

Singapore
Level Contributor
782 posts
74 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Planning to visit Singapore and explore within budget

Congratulations to taking the first step to become a traveller with control over your own itinerary.

Bengaluru, India
Level Contributor
9 posts
5 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Planning to visit Singapore and explore within budget

Thank you for the response .

And the other suggestion I am looking it is it good to buy sentosa and USS tickets online

I have researched about it

Below are the links I am looking at

https://store.sentosa.com.sg/main/packages/2day-fun-pass/84#!/

https:/…universalstudiossingapore.html

https://store.sentosa.com.sg/main/packages/premium-fun-pass-play-3/115#!/

Singapore, Singapore
Destination Expert
for Singapore
Level Contributor
6,028 posts
19 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Planning to visit Singapore and explore within budget

You can use http://gothere.sg to check your transport options and travelling distance and time.

Do you have your flight timings already? May I know which month you are travelling?

Singapore, Singapore
Destination Expert
for Singapore
Level Contributor
6,028 posts
19 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Planning to visit Singapore and explore within budget

If you only have half a day for Sentosa (excluding USS), the 2-day fun pass may not be worth it. It depends on the attractions you intend to cover.

Cambridge, United...
Destination Expert
for Singapore
Level Contributor
8,670 posts
18 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: Planning to visit Singapore and explore within budget

Flight timings are really important here -as most Indian flight times probably make the Day 1 idea of the Night Safari as bad idea.

The second day - what do you want to get out of the City Tour - as with the general idea of DIY you may find it better to wander and see things in the City Centre yourself, you have time control, you can see things close up rather than from the window of the bus etc etc - combine with a guided river cruise and you may see more that way. However, neither a half day City Tour nor any of the ideas above combines well with Sentosa - there is so much there you really want to spend a day there to see several items. If you are not sure what to do other than USS which is a fraction of the island's offerings then read the website, get sense of what is there - suggest a few things you like the idea of and we can discuss and possibly improve your initial ideas.

Similarly - the Bird Park and Gardens by the Bay do not fit together - there isn't really enough time to do them both and they are widely separately on Singapore's scale - so 90mins by public transport at least, or 30 by taxi and both are 5-6hour trips.

For hotels your budget is low for Singapore - you will either get small or places further from the city centre - so access to an MRT station would be a must and decent local amenities in terms of malls. Look at those suggested by those that know that budget range better than I and look on Googlemaps - its an excellent resource for that kind of checking.

Transport - taxis are quickest and most convenient for many things - for the wildlife parks they really are the best - they are the most expensive however but off peak the longest cab ride will be 20SGD one way (zoo, bird park etc). For anything by an MRT station this is probably the cheapest option with the most expensive fares likely to be around 2SGD per person (for large groups that adds up closer to the cab fare, note). Walking works for several attractions if you plan well - you can then get one taxi ride in and walk about. I use a mix of public transport (MRT trains, the bus network and taxis) dependant upon my destination and time pressures. The transport system is efficient and well organised.

Bengaluru, India
Level Contributor
9 posts
5 reviews
Save Reply
9. Re: Planning to visit Singapore and explore within budget

Thank you !

We are travelling in 1st week of April .

Flight is expected to reach there by 06:00 pm SST

Singapore, Singapore
Destination Expert
for Singapore
Level Contributor
6,028 posts
19 reviews
Save Reply
10. Re: Planning to visit Singapore and explore within budget

Oh that is really close, you may not find good rates or availability at the more popular hotels.

Reply to: Planning to visit Singapore and explore within budget
Get notified by e-mail when a reply is posted