We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Tourist place to nearest MRT mapping

Level Contributor
17 posts
1 review
Save Topic
Tourist place to nearest MRT mapping

is there such a list, gothere.sg is good if one is familiar but for tourist it will be helpful if one can get the nearest MRT for all popular tourist destinations.

Thanks

27 replies to this topic
Jakarta
Destination Expert
for Jakarta, Bandung, Singapore, Java
Level Contributor
52,499 posts
102 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Tourist place to nearest MRT mapping

Vishal G, planning your travel is fun and adventure. Happy planning!

Kent
Level Contributor
1,051 posts
32 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Tourist place to nearest MRT mapping

sothere.sg is a good one to use even if you are not familiar with the area, it shows you the routes using a choice of transport and on the map you can clearly see the MRT stations, to be honest I cant see what you are having problem with.

https:/…2F2017

What places are you having trouble finding a route for ?

LON-SIN
Destination Expert
for Singapore
Level Contributor
13,213 posts
10 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Tourist place to nearest MRT mapping

The nearest MRT station isn't always useful. Sometimes its cheaper or quicker to walk, take bus or take a taxi. For example taking a taxi is cheaper and a whole lot faster from your hotel to Sentosa than the MRT/Sentosa Express.

Singapore, Singapore
Level Contributor
179 posts
43 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Tourist place to nearest MRT mapping

I like street directory.sg ( app is called Singapore maps and has a green icon) for finding the best way to get places because the map includes the MRT exits by letter eg exit A, B. This is my downfall finding places after getting off the MRT. But it does ask you to walk over skyscrapers and through rivers, so that is a minus. You can either use the app or the computer version. It isn't good for accurate travel times ie traffic, but it does give you the next bus time and bus routes. I use it and a combination of google maps traffic to find my way around. Going to have another look at gotheresg as a few people have recommended it.

Wrexham, UK
Level Contributor
1,014 posts
264 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Tourist place to nearest MRT mapping

Most attractions have their own web site which will tell you the nearest MRT.

Don't rule out buses. They often get you closer to the attraction, so can be quicker. But identifying the right stop can be difficult.

Australia
Destination Expert
for Singapore, Bargain Travel, Holiday Travel
Level Contributor
21,074 posts
114 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Tourist place to nearest MRT mapping

I've found buses do get me closer to many things. I use this busrouter website to search for things, find a bus stop nearby, then click on it and can follow the bus route and click on the stops and see the bus stop name and number. I can see the map showing the bus stops, MRT stations etc. The whole bus route is listed down the right-hand side - https://busrouter.sg/

Edited: 20 March 2017, 09:42
Singapore, Singapore
Destination Expert
for Singapore
Level Contributor
6,028 posts
19 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Tourist place to nearest MRT mapping

>>way to get places because the map includes the MRT exits by letter eg exit A, B.<<

There are signs within the MRT station indicating the common landmarks for each exit and you can also refer to a map right after you get out of the fare gates that shows the area around the station to figure out which exit to go out of.

Edited: 20 March 2017, 14:06
Singapore, Singapore
Destination Expert
for Singapore
Level Contributor
6,028 posts
19 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: Tourist place to nearest MRT mapping

I may be wrong but it seems OP wants to explore Singapore by following the MRT line rather than the other way round (identify the attractions then find the nearest MRT station for which gothere.sg does an excellent job).

This may help:

https://exploresg.com/mrt/pedia/

Jakarta
Destination Expert
for Jakarta, Bandung, Singapore, Java
Level Contributor
52,499 posts
102 reviews
Save Reply
9. Re: Tourist place to nearest MRT mapping

I may be wrong ( but I'm not), but the OP is simply requesting us to do an attraction list for each and every MRT station in Singapore....lol

3 posts
Save Reply
10. Re: Tourist place to nearest MRT mapping

LOL, Thanks for all the wonderful replies.

I was looking out for the nearest MRT stations to all the key tourist places so that I can save the effort on searching location by location. Underlying assumption was that someone has ready list for it, if not then I will do it point by point. FYI, my planned itinerary for 7D6N is below:

Day-1 Check-in --> Hotel --> ScienceArt Museum --> Garden by the Bay

Day-2 Hotel --> Zoo --> River Safari --> Night Safari

Day-3 Hotel --> USS

Day-4 Hotel --> Sentosa

Day-5 Hotel --> iFly + Dolphin + Sentosa (missed stuff) + Souvenir Shopping

Day-6 Hotel --> ButterFly Garden --> LKC History Museum --> Jurang BIrd Garden

Day-7 Hotel --> National Museum --> Battle Box --> Checkout

Reply to: Tourist place to nearest MRT mapping
Get notified by e-mail when a reply is posted